Chapter 5

" are you going to get your panties in a twist for the chair again?".

I threw myself onto my bed. I was exhausted, I didn't manage to get the paint out of the skirt.

The shirt was a basic white button-up, so bleach fixed it.

" Jay, do you have black pants? Black pants are in the school dress code." I looked up at my dad in the doorway.

I couldn't stay with mum anymore, too far from the school I was forced to go to.

" Only jeans last time I checked".

He looked at a piece of paper in his hand and smiled at me, looking relieved.

" Seems okay, I'll call your headmaster to let her know".

I lifted my head from my bed, questions buzzing in my mind.

" Why did she owe you a favour?".

I watched him turn tense and uncomfortable. " That's none of your business".

I rolled my eyes and let loose a chuckle. " If it's about me Mathew, it's my fucking business".

I knew he hated it when I used his name instead of dad. Something about showing him the respect he deserves.

" You do not call me by my name young lady! And I said it's none of your business".

I smiled, satisfied with how I agitated him.

" Since black bottoms are allowed I should wear that mini skirt Mara got me for party New Year".

I watched as his face flipped from anger to disgust.
"you're going to look like a slut".

I grinned and sat up, crossing my legs. " what's the problem with that? You cheated on mom with one? What happened to your new feminist life?".

My dad liked to say he was a feminist, so he could insult my mum and all my old friends. Equality means slander is okay.

" oh shut it Jayden! Wear the jeans or I'll ground you".

I thought for a second. If I wore the skirt, I would bring attention to myself and people would find out what I did. Also being called a slut by Cameron wasn't on my to-do list.

BUT.

If I wore the skirt. I'd piss off my dad who uses empty threats to try to make me conform to his standards.

"I'll wear whatever I want. OH maybe the dress from Alyssa, it's black and backless". He rolled his eyes.

Sick of my antics he closed the door and walked aggressively down the hallway.

I mentally patted myself on the back and pulled out my phone.

I pulled up the search bar in my socials. Good to know your enemies right.?