Chapter 18

"No it's the fucking pope".

I ran out of my room after finally finding something to wear

I ran out of my room after finally finding something to wear. As I said before, it's easier wearing a uniform.

"Do you want to get dropped off?".

I looked at my mum, sitting on a sofa and taping away at her phone.

"Yeah actually". I got myself a glass of water before slipping on my boots.

One thing that was good about my mum was that she didn't care what I wore. If my dad saw me wearing my black mini skirt and tube top with what he likes to call "devil" signs then we would get into a massive fight.

"Oh are those stockings new?".

I looked down at the fishnets, "yeah, I've changed my style".

I took mental pointers from kaden, how she dressed so confidently. I wasn't going to dress the same boring way I used to.

I grabbed my mums keys and threw them at her, she caught the and put her phone in her pocket.

"Let's go then jaybug!". I smiled at my mums enthusiasm.

It's been a while since she's taken me anywhere, let alone school.

"Oh jaybug, pop on a jacket okay? It's going to get cold later on".

I nodded and went to my room, grabbing my puffer jacket.

We got in the car and my mum immediately turned on the radio, humming to the first song she knew.

"If you manage to get some friends, bring them over would you?".

I fastened on my seatbelt and smiled weakly. "Mum, I plan to keep to myself. Everyone there hates me".

She started up the car and sighed. "Just try jaybug, I don't want you to be lonely while your here".

I looked down at my knees, the faint scar still visible under the fishnets.

I knew I was dressed out of my comfort zone, just preparing myself for the comments that come along when you're dressed like this.

"Okay , I'll try but, don't get your hopes up".

She chuckled and pulled out of the driveway. My old school wasn't far. It was close enough that I could walk there without being exhausted.

I smiled at my mum, who was occupied by singing the wrong lyrics to the song playing.

It was her little game. Who could come up with the best worst lyrics to a song.

She normally won. Since I've been gone I hadn't had anyone to do it with. So just hearing her do it brought back so many good memories.

I bit my lip out of anxiety as my mum pulled up to the front gates.

"Remember, anyone who tries anything with you jaybug, beat their ass!".