Chapter 23

"If I said I still hated you, would you believe me?".

"What time do you want me to pick you up for prom?". I looked over at Nina who was leaning on my locker.

I've been hanging around with them this past week. "Oh, what time does it start".

Nina looked up, thinking for a moment. "Pretty sure it starts at 5".

"Then pick me up at 6".

Nina placed a piece of gum on her tongue before nothing. "Has Jacob talked to you yet?".

I closed my locker and sighed. He hasn't looked at me once, making me feel like shit for rejecting him.

"No, I feel bad for rejecting him".

Nina pulled a strand of hair from her face. "Don't be, you should always be honest in situations like that".

I threw my bag over my shoulder, pulling my phone out of my bra.

"Yeah, I know but I can't help it".

"Just think about something else, other than Jacob".

I nodded slowly as she grabbed my arm, leading me out of the front door.

"So did you find a date?".

I shook my head. I didn't want a date in the first place, but now after the big mess, I caused with Cameron it didn't feel right.

"I decided not to go with Ayden, I'd honestly rather go with my friends".

I gave her a thankful smile. Nina was a nice person, she reminded me of Kaden just more crazy.

"You should know".

I looked at her, "know what?".

"That some of the boys decided to vote for you as prom queen".

I stared at her in horror. "What the fuck?".

"Yeah, apparently they thought it would be funny".

"If I get chosen, you go up instead of me".

Nina smirked. "Nice, I've been meaning to add to my tiara collection".

"You have a collection?".

She did a hair flip and smirked. "I used to do lots of pageants before high school".

"Oh, nice".

"Yeah, it was a pain in the ass though".

I laughed. I could never see myself as a pageant girl. Nina on the other hand looked perfect for it.

"Oh is that your mum?".

I looked ahead to see my mom in her car, right behind Nina's.

"Yeah, text me when you're at my house".