Chapter 13

"Is everyone in this school really in love with a rapist?".

"Someone who hates me". I ran out the door looking for Kaden.

I had no idea why she became upset. Something to do with Cameron's anonymous apology.

I ran down the steps to see her sitting on the couch, barely any light in the room.

"Kaden, what's wrong?".

She looked up at me and I could tell that she'd been crying, a lot.

"It's nothing, Cameron's apology just made me upset".

I sat down next to her and pulled her into my arms. "It's okay, I'm here".

Instantly she started to cry again. I panicked, did I say something?

"I'm sorry Jay, I'm so sorry for everything". She continued to wail.

I tightened our embrace. "It's okay, it's in the past".

Her hands grasped my upper arms. I laid my head on hers. Trying my best to give her the support and comfort she needed.

"Why does everyone I love leave me?".

I kept holding her, not aware of what was the best thing to say.

"those people aren't right for you then, there will be someone who would never dream of leaving you. They will love every part of you".

She lifted her head, and before I could process anything her lips found mine.

I quickly broke away, shocked and confused. "I'm sorry, I don't know why I did that".

I smiled, I didn't mind. She was in a vulnerable place and just needed someone.

"It's okay, and I meant what I said. You will find that person or they will find you".

"Really?". Her eyes with filled with pain and hope.

"I can guarantee it".

She hugged me and smiled. "We should go back to the room, I'm fucking tired".

I laughed and stood up.

When we walked into the room, Cameron was still there.

He had another bottle in his hand. "Cammy ? Are you still drinking? It's late".

Cameron looked up. He looked at me and his eyes were so confused.

They were swarmed with pain and something I couldn't identify.

He quickly placed the bottle down and stood up. "Yeah, I was just waiting for you to come back".

"Yeah sorry, I was just upset".

He smiled and pulled her in for a hug. "It's okay".

I watched them embrace each other, part of me wanted that.