Chapter 2.1 - Eight Month and A Year

Hello everyone, I apologize for keeping you waiting so long.

-----------------

It had been eight months and a year. Hiroka, who was referred to as Callisto's second prince, was already sixteen years old. Three months had gone since his birthday.

The only difference in Hiroka's appearance was his height; everything else remained unchanged. Even though he performed the light exercises that Dr. Johann had advised him to undertake in order to lessen his body aches and keep it from weakening, he didn't put on any muscle. Naturally, Riko, his personal knight, was with him to ensure his safety anything should happen.

For a year, Hiroka gained a little height. He was now about as tall as Allea, the personal maid, or perhaps a little bit taller.

Allea used to be taller than him, with Hiroka's height resting only on Allea's neck level, but Hiroka has since grown tall. However, their was still taller than the two of them. Nobody else but Riko. In the year since he began serving as Hiroka's personal knight and had been residing in the Callisto kingdom, Riko had grown tall. He grew taller than Hiroka until they were barely shoulder height apart. Riko worked out and trained so hard every day that it was only natural that he had added muscle in a year. It's not like Hiroka was the one who was upset about it. He didn't give a damn about his lack of muscle growth or his little height. He was just interested in learning more about his magic and the new world he had entered. Of course, he also remembered details from the novel about the precise timing of the heroine's actions and the dates on which they will take place.

But as for Paladin, the vice-captain..

He really didn't make a move on Allea at all, as Hiroka has occasionally observed his conduct. He never stops staring at Allea from a distance, and when he visits Riku at the practice field, he will occasionally discuss work with her.

Asher, who was training alongside Riko, was aware of everything. When it came to powerful people, Asher was a keen observer, so when he saw Allea around, he was aware of Paladin's actions. Asher didn't really get excited about having a crush because he just found them boring, thus he disregarded his vice-captain's behaviour

Hiroka gets sort of irritated by him as a result of this. So he came up with a plan and asked Allea to get him the greatest cake in town, along with Paladin. When Hiroka told Allea about it, Allea was ecstatic, and she is eager to learn more about the vice-captain. Paladin was a wonderful friend to Allea and compassionate to her. Oh, how awful it makes our vice-captain feel that Allea only sees him as a friend.

As Paladin and Allea come back. After saying "thank you" to Paladin for coming with her, Allea walked directly to the Second Prince's room to bring him the cake and some tea to drink.

Hiroka inquired about her trip into town with Paladin, but Allea only spoke of her job and the pleasant sights they saw while riding in the carriage, which nearly caused him to spill his tea. But Allea wasn't done yet. She continued by mentioning how, when she was out purchasing a cake, Paladin abruptly vanished from view, leaving her waiting for ten minutes. Paladin eventually arrived. Allea was a little concerned when he abruptly vanished, but shortly after, Paladin explained it to her as they boarded the carriage to return to the palace.

She had received an earring from Paladin. When Allea showed Hiroka a small package, it contained a very attractive silver earring. This truly surprised Hiroka.

When Paladin showed it to Allea, she too had a surprised expression. She first refused to take it because she felt it was too expensive for her to wear, but the Paladins were able to convince her to do so in exchange for wearing it for him.