Chapter 2.11 - Opening Ceremony

As they were led by the Student Council through the large room, students moved through the long hallway. Riku and Hiroka were also following them.

As they progress through the room. Hiroka was astounded by the room they entered. It resembles the stage of a huge theater where you would perform. That was the size of the area. Students were chatting in the seats where the audience would be seated. It is audible all around.

'I had forgotten how boisterous friends of this generation can be.'

Hiroka muttered, "Never thought I'd be this packed already inside." Riku, who was obviously alongside him the entire time, nodded.

Riku and Hiroka enter the arena while seated in the rear. They waited for the commencement of the open ceremony while sitting there.

A tremendously loud clap that echoed throughout the room for about five minutes caught the attention of all the students. Through the curtains, someone entered the stage area. A cheerful woman was seen pacing through the stage's middle. She was dressed in a witchy attire.

She said, "Good day, I would like to welcome you all first-years to this humble academy!" in a voice that attracted everyone's attention and put a smile on their cheeks.

"I'm the director Milly Cynthia, and while I thought about giving a lengthy and somewhat dull speech, I realized that this is a really exceptional year. I'm glad to say that we have never had as many devils in attendance as today since the academy's inception." Everyone in the audience, including Hiroka and Riku, applauded her.

Demons? Hiroka was completely unaware of it. He saw everyone as a human being. No horns, wings, or tails could be seen. But he was aware that everything was only a story he had read in a former life. It's not as if a fairytale book would also characterize them as demons in terms of look. However, Hiroka only just noticed that several of the students he met had red eyes. But... 'Where are the elves,' was Hiroka's question.

"As such, who better to greet you all than the very students who will assist guide, and offer voices to all of you? Please give a warm welcome to The Magical Academy students council!"

Students cheered as members of the student council emerged from behind the curtains one by one. One female who was younger than the two lads came out after the two boys who were older than them. Only the brooch chain was different, but they all wore the same uniform.

What Hiroka had been waiting for was the last thing to appear. Many Parisian eyes cast their glances in their direction as they emerged from the curtain. Each glance was intense. There appeared two people, whose beauty was beyond words.

"Kyaaaa, it's the Crown Prince and the future Duke!"

"His highness is still as attractive as ever!"

"The duke is also attractive!"

In the auditorium, both girls and boys can be heard cheering, but it's largely girls who are screaming at the boys' attractive looks. As they moved across the middle of the stage, blush could be seen on their faces.

"Greetings to everyone. I am Haru Kouki Callisto, your student council president. First and foremost, congratulations on your admittance to the magical academy this human realm have to offer. While I am a third-year, I've had the privilege of observing the academy up until I graduate...

Additionally, when I watched you from a distance, I noticed how students were treated unfairly..." Some students who had been cheering quickly started to get chills and sweat stains on their foreheads.

"If a difference in uniform can split you, I'm worried about what inequalities in race and status will lead to...

Today, I stand before you, students of the rising generation, and implore you..." Haru inhaled as he closed his eyes, exhaled, and then opened his eyes to glare coldly at the students, who trembled.

"To cast aside the mindset that generated hatred among different races and statuses."

Hiro concluded his speech and went away from the center and towards the curtain for the exit, while the other members of the student council sweatdropped. Hiroka also sweatdrops at his brother's abrupt exit from the stage.

One didn't break out into applause until someone recovered from Hiro's terrifying look. One by one, kids who heard them began to applaud, and soon cheers could be heard all around.

***

After several hours, the opening ceremony was over. Riku and Hiroka had left the room by this point.

Hiroka and Riku encountered numerous students who were staring at them as they passed them in the hallways. Flushed across their faces, never-ending. They both became aware of the stares but chose to ignore them. And then...

A disturbance could be heard ahead of Hiroka and Riku. When they were close. They witnessed a noble girl shouting at a low-headed boy from the common people. Observing the youngster with a bruise on his face and the female whose right hand was raised. The female undoubtedly struck him in the face.

The girl yelled at him, "What the hell are you doing, can't you apologize properly?!"

"S-sorry. I'm sorry," The boy said, not looking directly at the girl in front of him.

"Tsk..."

'Already, blatant statuses... Looks like brother's going to struggle,' Hiroka pondered.

The noble girl gave the kid another smack, which caused the boy to flinch. "Is that even a decent apology? Is that what your family taught you?!" she exclaimed. She added, "No, it's not even a family, is it?" Hiroka gave her a serious look.

The commoner boy apologized once more, "I'm sorry." He was shaking.

"poor guy"

"If I were him, I'd quit the academy,"

"Serve him well"

Noble students can be heard whispering, but commoners who witnessed the commotion just zip their mouths and pretended nothing happened.

Riku questioned, "Should we take action?" as Hiroka turned to face him. Hiroka observed his hand contract into a fist. He was aware of his anger. Hiroka, though, had just spotted a recognizable man approaching.

Hiroka responded, "No...no need, let's leave," and he walked away. Although Hiroka also wanted to assist, he knew that if he did, things would only grow worse. It will be best if his brother handles it. After all, he is the student council president.

When Riku heard him, he was shocked, but that shock quickly subsided as he sensed a familiar aura approaching from behind him. The Crown Prince was walking in this direction, so he followed Hiroka.

Riko and Hiroka, who had already left the disturbance, could now hear another whisper.

"Hey, did you hear that Lord Viscount was taken into custody at midnight two days ago?"

"What?-"

"I heard he attempted to murder someone,"

"Well, that serves him right, my family detested him."

"He's actually greedy,"

Hiroka, who overheard students whispering that they had just past them without noticing that Riku and he were there to listen, appeared serious. Hiroka stared up at Riku, who just nodded, indicating that he was truthful.