Chapter 5 - 123 139

It didn't make any sense that he was here. Just the fact that he was made me question my decision of coming to my own room and also the security of this mafia mansion. He had just walked in and nobody noticed. It was his house but still.

"It's your birthday." He said with the same calm expression he always has "I came to wish you happy birthday and give you your present. Let me help you with that box, it looks heavy." He said as he took the box from my hands and put it on the ground. While doing that unfortunately our hands touched what made me take a step back and I know he realise that.

"Thank you, but it wasn't that heavy." I said staying in the same spot

"You probably don't want to see my face, but it's your eighteenth birthday. It's a special day and I wanted to give you a present!" he says smiling as he gave me a box, a box that I recognise because it was the same box I gave to him the day I told him I liked him. "I am not good with manual arts so it's custom made. I hope you like it.

When I open it, I hate to say but my heart trembled. I still had a little hope about me and P'Kim getting back together. He could be the best damn actor in the world but there is no way that all we had together was just acting. It was a necklace inform of a guitar pick with some numbers engraved "123 139" and I had no idea what those meant so I looked at him with a confused expression.

"You will understand it latter just don't lose it." He said as he walked to the door "Happy birthday Nong Chay." and he walked out just in time to not see me blush

What the hell was he doing here and why would he do this to me? He just gave me a necklace with a bunch of numbers and left after saying my name in such a way that made me realise, I was still very much in love with him.

Today was supposed to be a free day, I would go out flirt with cute strangers and come home happy or at least that was the plan but now I'm in my room, my heart is beating fast and I just wish I had never found out who he was. What you don't know can't hurt. It is a little stupid, I know but I'm tired and I was supposed to be changing. Instead, I was back at step two because step one was training. A strong body can help a strong mind that was in my history book even though I have my doubts about it.

I decide it was best to stop thinking because all that came out of my mind was garbage and was just making me sad so instead, I choose to entertain myself with the gifts. I put the amplifier and the guitar in the bed and went into the closet to get clothes' hangers.

The clothes look all very smooth and very expensive so I treated everything carefully. Most of it still had the tag in case it didn't fit but I think P'Tay got the right size at practically everything.

Next, I moved to the bed and connected everything like it should and started playing random cords. The sound was amazing just like I imagine it would be and there I spend the rest of the afternoon until half past eight when an excited P'Tay entered my room abruptly.

"Chay, let's go eat so we can get you ready!" he said but then he looked at me automatically knowing that something had happen and I don't know how he does that, but he always knows "What happen?" he asked as he sit next to me.

"P'Kim gave me a gift" I answered showing him the necklace "He was just here when I came from brunch and that's it I think."

"What are these numbers?" he asked curious

"I have no idea, he said I would find out with time which was strange and creepy. What should I do?" I was really confused with all of this

"Let's do this: we are going to eat then we are going to get ourselves ready and go have fun. So, just ignore the necklace for today and live your best life. We can figure out this later." He said calmly seeing the clear despair in my face