Chapter 52 - You are not going to die

When the music is over, I can see everyone smiling, and I have P'Kim and Matteo in front of me. I thank the DJ, giving him the guitar back as P'Kim and Matteo helped me out of the stage. As we go up, people smile at me, and it's like everyone is happy now.

"That was so good!" Yuri says

"I think it was the first time I heard you sing." P'Tay says, "But it was so good, you need to sing at Porsche's wedding."

"It was the first time I sang in public, actually." I say

"Angel, that's huge, I thought you had done that already."

"I thought about it a few times, but with all that's happened, I've never actually done it before."

"If you want, I can make a special day, like a little show, for you every month or so. What do you think, love?" Matteo suggests

"We can talk about that later." I say thinking that it would be really cool, but at the same time, considering our situation, I don't know

"I think it would be a success in that bar we have in Italy." Damiano says

"The pasta café?" P'Kim asks

"Yes. He fits perfectly there." Damiano says

"Actually, that's a great idea!" Matteo answers

"How I miss Italy! Don't you miss our home, Matteo?" Rocco says arriving at our table.

"I do, but I think you miss it more." Matteo says looking cold and putting a hand on my leg "Sit down!" he says very authoritatively.

I wonder why he is asking that man to sit at our table, but I just follow along. Both Time and Akimi look like they own the world. It irritates me deeply, but I don't know what's going on, so I just stay still and watch.

"You really are a gentleman!"

"You see, I thought you could use a little reminder of how things are done in our country..." Matteo says putting his gun on the table, and I can watch Rocco straighten his posture "Hai attaccato il mio amore, questo significa Guerra!"

"English, Matteo, or the others don't understand." Rocco says but I can see his worried expression even though I don't understand what Matteo said

"You need a reminder of what happens in Italy when you touch someone's lover..."

"I don't..."

"Shut up! You don't talk when I'm talking, or are you forgetting who I am?"

"I think you are the one forgetting a few things!"

"Look around, Rocco. You are surrounded by my people, I couldn't care less who you have at your back. I already built this empire once, and you can be damn sure I can do it again. But you, what did you do? You are just a pawn in someone else's game. You are nothing!" Matteo says, and the man automatically points a gun at him, but I do just the same and point my own gun at Rocco. "You won't shoot Rocco, put it down." Matteo says as his hand moves in my knee, a way of telling me everything is going to be alright, but honestly, what the hell is happening here? How does he expect me to be calm when he has a gun pointed at his head!?

"You'll let your little whore do your dirty work for you? A great leader you are!"

"You know you won't be going back to wherever you are hiding, so put the gun down!" Rocco turns around as if trying to see what the other two were doing, but there were already men pointing a gun at their heads "They won't help you."

"What if I shot him?" He says poiting the gun at me

"You won't do it. "You are already in our hands, don't do anything to make it worse."