Chapter 38 - The dragon

Please read the Author's note at the end!

We walk around a bit before entering one of the tall buildings, inside it was like they recreated Naruto's world, Yuki talked to someone and the person immediately took us to one of the recreations and it was the ramen stand that Naruto always went to, I honestly felt like I was inside the anime, it was amazing.

"So, this will be practically the best thing you will ever eat, so enjoy it!" Yuri says when the food arrived and he wasn't wrong.

It tasted just like I imagine it, I can understand why Naruto ate this like it was bread, this is good, really good, I need Matteo to learn how to make this. Lunch was really tasty and then he took me to walk around Japan, I had no idea where I was but it was all so like the series and movies, so technologic and futuristic. I did my tourist job well and took a bunch of photos, we were really in the middle of Tokyo there was people everywhere so many people, so much life. I smiled with this, all of it, it just made me so happy.

Unfortunately, we couldn't stay out more, so we went back to Yuri's house. I knew he wanted to talk to me about tomorrow, I wanted to talk too. it was Itsuki's funeral and I had already said all the goodbyes I had to say, and I was moving on.

We arrived at my room, it didn't feel like it but it was now my room. it was enormous, the walls were a pastel blue with a bunch of gold details, it was somehow majestic. I sat on the bed that was way too big for one person, my suitcases where on the corner waiting for me to take everything out.

Yuri let himself fall on the bed and took a deep breath, he took out his phone and I also took mine, I send some of the pictures to Hia and Matteo and P'Kim, I knew they were busy so I didn't wait for an answer.

"So, tomorrow..." I start and he puts his phone down

"Tomorrow is going to be a shit day, it's Itsuki's and there is also my ceremony..." he says

"What do you mean your ceremony?"

"It's a ritual done when the power passes to the new generation in this case me. For every generation there's a sword, a katana to be more specific that was forged under a certain moon the metal with things characteristic of the person that is going to heir the Yakuza. During the ceremony, it's the first time the person sees the blade and they must bless it with their own blood, then someone chosen by the person is going to tight three knots with a golden rope, each knot means something different, one is for power, another is for strength and the last one is for love and peace, yes the two together because you can only have one if you have the other. The knots will be blessed and then my father will pass his sword to me, and I will break his sword, it will be cut by a machine previously, I just need to break it. According to people everything is very beautiful and it's one thing I'm actually excited about."

"Can I attend?" I ask a bit nervous about the answer

"Who do you think is going to tight my knots? Of course you can attend, but as for the funeral, it would be better if you didn't go..." he says sensitive

"No, it's okay, I prefer not to go to the funeral, but are you sure I'm the right person to tight the knots, shouldn't it be your mother or your father..."

"No, I want you to do it. Itsuki's biological mother, she was the one that did my father's knots, I don't want someone that I can lose to do it and I know we will be friends forever and ever and even as ghosts we will still be friends. My father can't do it, it's against tradition or some shit and has for my mother, it's complicated..."

"You and your parents have a complicated relationship, right?"

"We do, it comes with the title, but I don't want to talk about it... can you do it? Tight the knots?"