Theo Interrupted

"Mister Arthur" Principal Oates called to me.

I quickly hopped off my skateboard and picked it up from the floor.

"How many times do I have to tell you not to skateboard in the halls?" Principal Oates called.

"My bad, you see have I this thing called short term memory loss. I also have this inner ear thing going on" I lied.

"We'll see about that in detention" Principal Oates grumbled.

The bell rang. I hit the corner quickly to make my way to Health. I was halfway into Senior year, and I just couldn't get to this class on time. I began to pick up my pace. I knew I had about ten seconds before the tardy bell. I made it near the door. Yes, I'll be on time for once, I thought to myself.

BAM!

I rammed shoulders hard with someone as I made it to the entrance of the door. She hit the floor hard and groaned on impact.

"Damn, I'm so sorry" I apologized.

The bell rang.

Swears escaped my lips quietly as I held my hand down to help her up. I knew that was adding on to my detention.

"It's fine, I'm sort of used to getting knocked out of the way" she said.

As she reached up to grab my hand, I realized it was the girl from the coffee shop a few nights ago. Yea I know cliché, but you still read it. She grabbed my hand, and I pulled her to her feet.

"Thanks for that."

"For knocking you over or helping you up?"

"Either or."

           We stepped into the classroom and took our seats. She placed her backpack down beside her desk and took a quick glance at me. Had she always been in this class with me? Why hadn't I noticed her before? Probably because I usually napped in this class due to being so tired from work. I gave her a warm smile before diving into my backpack and rummaging for my supplies for class. The rest of the school day dragged on for what seemed like endless hours. Finally, the last class ended, and the halls of Juneau-Douglas High filled with kids leaving for the day. I pulled my hood onto my head and readjusted my skateboard under my left arm as I walked through the hall.

"So, how does that work?"

I looked down to see the girl walking beside me. She was so tiny and petite with her dwarfish like frame. She looked up at me, her kiwi-colored eyes blinking.

"Huh?"

"The skateboard, how does that work with all the slickness and when it snows?"

"Oh, well...I usually ride on the sidewalks and stuff. You know the sidewalks are plowed."

"True" She nodded.

"Mags, right?" I questioned pointing to her.

"Maggi actually, and you're Theo" She smiled.

"How did...?" I started.

"Nametag" She interrupted as she beamed.

"Ah, yea right."

Suddenly a loud squeal echoed through the halls as we got near the front office. We looked up to see the one called Shyla running towards us in a red and black graduation robe. She threw her arms around Maggi's neck, nearly knocking her over.

"Oh my God, look at these, aren't they totally cute?" Shyla giggled. "This actually does a little for my figure."

Shyla turned sideways, stuck out her right hip and sucked in her face to show off her cheek bones. She did have a nice figure, but I was noticing Maggi had a slightly curvier figure.