Mine (SMUT)

Five minutes and a whole roll of paper towels later, I found myself pushing through the large, red, fence door to the lattice on the side of Maggi's house. I was just about to climb, when I spotted her leg dangling over the side of the roof. Her red sock covered foot swaying. She was looking up at the sky, letting the rain wash over her. I adjusted my hood on my head and stepped out into the back yard so she could see me. Her eyes locked in on me and her eyebrows and face pulled into a scowl. I shrugged my shoulders insinuating: what's up?

"What do you want?" she growled, rain droplets dripping from her hair.

"Can we talk?" I asked.

It wasn't a request, and I made it sound that way. I was so over this and everything else that had happened the last few weeks. I'd reached my cap of bullshit for a lifetime.

Maggi sucked her teeth, rolled her eyes and huffed all at the same time. Moody little girl. She got up, turned and started to her window. I took off for the lattice, climbing it fast without slipping, before she locked her window. Four more hours; I had four more hours to make this right. I heard her window slam shut just as I climbed onto the roof of the back porch. I quickly stride across, not caring if her mom saw me or not. I put my palms to the window and pushed it up aggressively, the wood making a loud slam and the pane of glass rattling. Yes, I was upset, but I didn't know if it was at her or more at myself for letting any of this go as far as it did. Either way she was about to catch it. Like a lightning rod in a thunderstorm. Just as I stepped my long legs over the sill a pillow hit me in the side of the face.

"You need to leave now!" Maggie bit, picking up a towel in her hands.

"No not until you hear me out" I demanded, straightening myself up, rain dripping from my sleeves.

"Go let Liv to hear you out, I'm done with the games you keep playing with me."

She turned to storm away for her bedroom door. Under her feet was a small area rug. I stomped my foot on it, jerking it in my direction a little with my leg, causing it to trip her up. She stumbled a bit and fell into the bedroom door her hands catching her. The door slammed loud, but I didn't care tonight whether her mother heard the ruckus. I had four hours, and regardless of the outcome of this night, she was going to hear my side.

"Seriously? Ow you jackass" she whined, rubbing her right wrist.

"Why are you so fucking stubborn?" I growled as I approached her.

"Why are you here?" she parried.

I guess the fencing match had begun.

En Garde.

"Because I love you!" I yelled.

Fleche.

Maggi froze. Her mouth gaped open as she leaned off the door.

"Wh...wh...what did you say?" she asked in shock.

"Maggi, I love you, that's why I even remotely care about you hearing my side" I said, walking up to her and looking her straight in the face.

By this time my injuries from the evening had settled into my face. This resulted in a deep cut on the right side of lip, my left eye blackened, a cut above the slit in my right eye brow, a plethora of bruises along my jawline, temple and neck, and I'm pretty sure a bruised pancreas or something. Maggi and I were so close every time we inhaled our chests touched. I hovered over her petite frame, looking down into her beautiful green eyes.

"You...you love me?" she whimpered it was just barely a whisper.

"Yes, I fucking love you" I replied deep and low.