Maggi's Window

I couldn't locate Olivia anymore. I didn't know if she'd left or if she was lost in the crowds of craziness. It was nearly two in the morning, and the best way to describe the party would be Bogie Lowenstein's from 'Ten things I hate about you.' I periodically checked my phone, but there were no messages from her explaining her whereabouts, so I texted her.

ME: Hey where are you?

I managed to spot Mason and Roland in the den sitting on a love seat. They had red cups in hand, and they were high off their asses. I snickered as I made my way over to them.

"Hey, are you guys about ready to bounce it's getting late" I said.

"No way dude" Mason smiled.

"But I'm ready to go" I groaned.

"Dude go ahead, we'll find a way home, there's like a thousand people here" Roland smiled.

"Alright fine" I exhaled.

I shuffled my way through the house and through the waves of teenagers, making a beeline for the front door. As I walked, I still looked around for Olvia...no sign of her. I finally made it to the front porch and pulled out my phone to check, still no reply. I groaned, scratching my fingers in my hair with confusion and started out into the yard. I pulled Dad's car keys from my pants pocket.

"Hey?"

I turned around to see Maggi approaching me.

"Hey?" I replied, with one eyebrow raised.

"Are you leaving?" Maggi questioned.

I held up the car keys and jiggled them, insinuating my exit.

"Can you give me a ride?" Maggi asked. "Liv bailed on me, and Shy is busy losing her virginity."

Apparently, Olivia ghosted me too.

"Sure, come on" I shrugged, before turning and heading to the car.

Maggi ran behind me, nearly sprinting to keep up with my long strides across Shyla's yard. Our breath came out in white, cloudy huffs as we swerved around cars parked out on the street, until we finally came to Dad's black challenger.

"Ooooo" Maggi giggled like a little kid as she admired the car.

I smiled lightly as I unlocked the doors. She opened the passenger door and peered into the seat.

"So, the skateboard gets shotgun?" She giggled.

"Just throw it in the back seat" I insisted as I got in.

Maggi obediently tossed the board into the backseat before climbing in beside me. I started the car, and we pulled off. After a few minutes we surprisingly turned on my street. We pulled up to the driveway of a dark blue and white trimmed two-level house. It was a Farmhouse style home, with a wrap around porch. The house looked quiet and unoccupied in the moonlight and the light rain fall.

"Nice place" I said.

"Yea, it's okay I guess."

"I actually stay a few houses down. It's the dark reddish-brown one at the end of the street" I explained. "It's a cool neighborhood."

"I guess, it took me a while to get used to living here" Maggi said.

"Wait, you're not from here?" I posed.

"No, are you?" Maggi questioned.

"Yea, I was born and raised here actually" I said.

"Born to be a husky, such a shame" Maggi tsk-tsked shaking her head with a smirk.