So, this is Christmas?

The Christmas carnival was the same as any other carnival. There were games, food, stage shows, and rides, with the exception of everything covered in Christmas lights and ride attendants dressed as elves. In the heart of the carnival was a set-up near a gingerbread house to take pictures with Santa Claus. Beside it was a children’s small rollercoaster, fixed to look like Santa’s sleigh. Towards the back, near the more fierce, adult rides, was a huge Ferris wheel. The sides of the Ferris Wheel was lined in green garland, while the seats were traced in Christmas lights. I paid for Ada and I’s admission into the carnival, and we made our way through the turnstile.

            We rounded the corner passed a petting zoo and a few face painting booths. We stepped from under the tents and around a carousel. We began looking around, scouring the crowds. I readjusted my visor beanie, fixed my hair to wear my bangs were to one side and put on my glasses. I had to make sure I wasn’t recognized by anyone from town. Ada and I continued walking, passing by person after person looking for Maggi. As we walked, every now, and then I sniffed the air to make sure the scent of the rogue didn’t catch my nose. I knew Moses was going to kill me when he found out I was here, and to make matters worse, this time I was dragging Ada down with me.

            As I passed a ring toss game, I began to smell powder and cherry blossoms. I knew it was Maggi. I looked around and spotted Shyla. She was walking with a tall, lanky, full body tattooed suitor, with a large, blue, teddy bear tucked under his right arm. He looked like the same guy for her party months ago. A few feet from her was Maggi. She was standing at a game that required throwing darts at balloons. She was dressed in a fluffy, black coat, with white fur around the hood. She was also dressed in a pair of blue jeggings and black, fuzzy boots. Her strawberry hair was pulled back into a bun as she picked up a dart.

“There she is” I said.

I turned to see that Ada was nowhere behind me. Shrugging it off I started walking towards Maggi. Just then a man stepped beside her, and they started having a heated conversation. It didn’t take me long to realize that the man was Terry.

Why was he here?

I growled lightly as I approached closer.

Wait!

Blood? I smelled blood. A terrifying thought went through me. If the rogue was here, they were in their human form. How would I know who it was? I could hear Maggi’s voice getting louder and more heated. I turned my attention back to the matter at hand.

“Dude, I really don’t think she wants to be bothered with you” I said, stepping up next to Maggi.

“Of course, of course you’re here” Terry frowned.

“Oh my god Theo, I thought you weren’t coming” Maggi said.

“I had to make sure you were okay” I said.

“Okay from what?” Maggi asked.

I looked at her cautiously.

“Tell her” Terry smirked.

“What is your problem?” I frowned.

“My problem is you’re a liar, and you’re putting Maggi in danger lying to her” Terry grimaced.

“I’m not lying” I sneered.

“Please I can smell through that lie, just like I could smell you from a mile away” Terry said.

“Wait what?” I questioned, a perplexed look on my face.

“I said I can smell you from a mile away” Terry repeated, giving me an evil grin.