Chapter 12

Marina Vettle

I rolled around the huge bed, to find it empty. I groaned, opening my eyes. I sat up, and blinked rapidly, trying to wake myself up. I wiped the tears falling from my eyes from sleep, and I tried to figure out where I was.

Giovanni 's house.

I sighed, trying to stand up, making it impossible for me to. I fell back to the mattress, but my eyes snapped open when I remembered once again I was not at my house. So I sat up again, and rubbed my eyes with the back of my hand. I went to the bathroom, washed my face and brushed my teeth.

I looked at the clock on his side of the bed, and saw it was almost 11 in the morning. I instantly snapped out from my sleepy standing position, and went out. I didn't want him to think I was lazy.

I peeked my head out of the room to make sure no one saw my demarcated morning face. Oh shit. Should I put makeup on? What if he thought I was too ugly?

I tried to calm myself up for a bit, and got out of the room. I started walking remembering what Giovanni showed me yesterday. I walked slowly around the long corridors of the house. I started walking down the stairs when I started smelling food. Really good smelling food.

I walked into the massive kitchen, and saw Giovanni's beautiful tattooed back exposed, while he was cooking. He must have had some super power, because I hadn't moved from the entrance of the kitchen.

"Good morning, Tesoro." He said, while putting the food into a big try. He turned around to show his even more defined chest and abs, than what I thought. "You looked too pretty, and peaceful for me to wake you up." He said, walking towards me, with his pajama pants.

"Hi." I smiled at him. His big, warm hands fell to my hips, bringing me closer to him. He bent down, and I went on my tiptoes, so our lips connected. The kiss was soft and slow. When we parted our lips, I looked at his God sculpted chest, and then looked up. "I like your tattoos." I say.

"Well, they are only yours to look at." He brushed his hands up and down my sides. "Let me finish breakfast and we can eat peacefully." He picked me up effortlessly, and sat me down on the counter. I was not complaining, because I had an amazing view of his flexing shoulders while he moved around.

After he was done, he put everything in a tray. I jumped off the counter, and tried to follow him, with his long strides. We got to a dining room with a table right in the middle of the room. He put the food down, and took the chair out for me.

I sat on it, criss- crossing my legs, and then brought them to my chest. He put a plate in front of me, and he loaded it with tons of food. My eyes went wide. "I don't think I will be able to eat this much." I looked at him, with my eyes still widened.

"It's ok. At least try. I don't want you to be hungry." He said putting food on his plate. "Please," his eyes softened when he saw me just staring at the food. "Eat something, Tesoro. Per favore." He motioned me to do so.

I took the fork in my hand, and took a bite of it, and It was heaven. "How can you make simple toast taste so good? This is amazing." I looked at him.

"Thank you, Tesoro." He smiled. "I will cook for you everyday if that means you will eat three meals a day." Maybe I shouldn't have told him about my lack of hunger during the day. Since that day, he had been insisting on taking bites from his breakfast.

"You will not do such a thing for me. It will take a lot of time from you and your job. Which as far as I know, sounds very important." I point at him with the fork, marking my words.

"I don't care, Tesoro. You need more than one meal a day." He looked at my arms, making me hide them under the table. "What is that? He asked, reaching for my arms.