Chapter 4: The first tution class

**Sam's P.O.V.**

"Wait, can you repeat that..." Michael asked for the fifth time. Having tutored a lot of people, I understand that it can take some time to sink in. But we had spent half an hour on one problem.

I explained it again, and he banged his fists on the dining room table in frustration.

"I'm sorry, I'm so stupid. I'll listen harder this time, I promise." He said sincerely. I shook my head,

"You're not stupid. This is just very difficult stuff." I defended him with a smile.

Suddenly his father walked into the dining room with suspicious eyes, watching us both like hawks.

"How are you two getting along in here." Larry Bedelli wasn't a very nice man. But what he lacked in manners he made up in cold hard cash. And it was very obvious that Michael and his father were not on the best of terms.

"Yeah, Dad, we're fine." Michael hissed, not even looking his father in the eyes. I was used to having conversations with adults, so I added,

"Mr. Bedelli, your son is making fantastic progress. I have no doubts that he'll be doing great on his next test." I beamed, lying through my teeth. I don't know why I felt sympathy towards Michael but I just had the need to say something. Larry gave me a sideways look, as if he could smell the lies on me. But I continued grinning as though it was the truth.

"Well, this boy better hope so or he's can kiss this place good-"

"Well, Dad!" Michael interrupted him, with a glare. "I think you should leave so we can get back to studying." He snorted and walked out of the dining room, leaving us staring at each other. I stared into his ocean blue eyes, searching for answers.

"What did he mean by 'you can kiss this place goodbye'?" I mumbled.

He glared at me.

"That's my business, not yours. I don't need your sympathy; I need you to teach me." I bit my lip and nodded.

Was it just me or was his extremely cute when he was angry?

I pushed the thought out of my head. No way could I even find this guy attractive. Sure, he was hot, but what other qualities did he have?

He wasn't like Braiden. Braiden is kind and sweet. And, well, Michael is just a big jerk. 
"I'm sorry, let's continue. Would you like to try the same problem again or would you like to try a different one? We can come back to that one later if it's too hard." I whispered. He gritted his teeth.

"Let's try this one again. I'm not a quitter." He sneered. I just nodded.

**Michael's P.O.V.**

I looked at the clock. I wanted to be done with these stupid numbers as soon as possible. We had moved past the first problem on my homework at least, and were on the last of the problems.

"Well, I think we're done with the math." I announced.

My head was spinning from all the numbers.

"We only have a few more problems though. Are you sure?" She said softly.

I had noticed how ever since I had yelled at her she had been soft-spoken. I wanted to apologize.

To tell her that I was sorry. That it wasn't her fault.

But I shouldn't care. I shouldn't care about Sam's feelings. Because this isn't about her. This is about me, and how desperate I am to not go to military school. Why should I even spare a thought towards her stupid little existence?