Chapter 25: Unspoken answers

Sam’s Pov.

I forgot his deal. Through out the whole time Terry, Michael and Chandler were over I had completely forgotten about the deal as I was enjoying my time so much. It seemed as if Connor had as well, he seemed to join in with the laughs and memories here and there and had his own stories to share at points.

“So Sam, now that we are all done with high school, what do you plan on doing?” For the first time Michael talked directly to me. Since 45 minutes he would either laugh at something I said or just nod or agree, but until now he hadn’t said anything to me.

“Um, well I only needed a year of collage and now I want to start with university to study banking.” I said smiling at the thought of finally being able to have a job related to accounting.

“You always were a nerd.” After Michael said that he gave me a secret smile.

A smile that I missed for three whole years secretly.

“Damn I remember those days! Sam, oh honey you were the weirdest one back then!” Connor said throwing his head back and laughing out load.

Suddenly the tension in the room seemed to grow. Terry quickly pulled his cell phone out to text someone, more like fake text someone…

Chandler coughed nervously and Michael glared at Connor but when he caught me looking, he nervously scratched the back of his neck and looked at his feet.

Sure me and Connor had made promised but he can’t just go insult me like that.

“Oh yes dear, and do you remember what a big jerk you were back then? Hell I would have never thought we’d end up together!” I forced a smile at the end of my come back, glaring at Connor who had seemed to have caught on the memo.

Terry let out a little giggle while Chandler and Michael tried hiding their smiles.

“Sam, how bout you go get us some hot chocolate?” Connor said while gesturing towards the kitchen, so some of the tension could be reduced. I sighed and got up and made my way to the kitchen from the very tense living room.

Michael, He’s back.

At the thought of Michael I grabbed the marble slab and clutched on to it for support.

He’d got even more handsome. With his hair perfectly messy and his eyes the same grey/blue but the most attractive part was that he was no longer a teenager. He was a man.

“Sam? You alright?” My head snapped up as I heard the voice which I swooned to hear in the past 3 years.

“Y-yeah.” I stuttered. I cursed myself for showing weakness and turned around to give Michael a smile before grabbing some chocolate powder from the cabinet above.

“Its just that you were in here for 10 minutes and Connor said he couldn’t here the boiler go on so Chandler sent me to check upon you, and yeah-”

Damn Chandler! “Erm no it’s just that,um I thought a saw an ant moving on the counter so I tried to kill it, you know how insects can be.” I gave a nervous laugh at the end, while trying hard not to smack myself from the lame excuse I just made up.

“Okay.” He stretched out the word, indicating that this was weird. He walked closer to where I was standing and my breath sharpened automatically. He pushed him self up on the counter on which I was setting the cups and just stared ahead.

“So you and Connor huh?” I knew this question would come sooner or later.

I simply nodded my head before pouring the boiled milk into 5 cups.

“I thought you and that other jock would end up together.” I thought me and you would, but I kept that thought to myself and just ignored his comment.

“Sam, cut the crap. Why you with him?” He said standing up now and making me face him.

I forgot how to breathe right that moment. I looked into his eyes and thousands of memories of our past flashed through my brain. I thought I was going to choke right that moment but the worse thing was I badly wanted to kiss him or just grab him.

His perfume smelt even stronger from where I was standing. He had one of his hands on my shoulder making me face him.

I started choking like a mad cow right that moment. I clutched my stomach and bent down for the pain forming in my gut to stop. “Oh god.” Was all Michael said before he grabbed a glass of the shelf and quickly filled it with water. He then grabbed me from my waist and pulled me straight up, forcing the glass of water in my hand while he rubbed my back.

Water had never felt this good before.

“Are you two alright?” Chandler popped in; only to have her face glowing right after she saw the position me and Michael where in. Michael nodded and pointed to the tray with the 5 cups of hot chocolate. Chandler quickly swept the tray up and walked out wasting no time. I slowed down on drinking to waste more time.

But I couldn’t sip on water for an eternity, so I pulled glass away from my mouth, washing it and putting it back on the shelf.

“What the fuck was that?” Michael said looking at me weirdly.

“I think I have the flu.” Right after that I began to walk out the kitchen but was stopped when Michael said, “You still haven’t answered my question.” Without turning around I replied, “It’s a secret. His secret, not mine so I have no right to tell anyone.” I took another step but this time I was stopped when Michael once again turned me around to face him.

“Why Sam?” He whispered, causing his warm breath to tickle my face. All I did was stare at his face and that moment my brain stopped working and my heart took control instead. I tilted my face up, and pushed myself on my toes, leaning closer to Michael’s face. But when his eyes moved to look at my lips for a flash of a second, I was broken from the trance.

“That’s none of your business, you ditcher.” I hissed like a child.

This time I succeeded in walking out the kitchen and taking my seat next to Connor and going back to my happy fiancé act with sad thoughts taking over me.

----------------------------------------------------

story is coming to an end sadly :/ Though for all of you who have read it on quizilla, I'm thinking about changing the ending on here....