Chapter 1

(Alec pov)

Shit. Shit shit shittity shit. I'm late. This was far from new, I barely show up usually, preferring to work out at the local gym. But today is different. If I'm late one more time, Eastcoast would call my mum, and after I've told her about how I got straight A's last semester, she will NOT be pleased that one, I skipped school, and two, I lied to her. So that is why I was  currently choking on my apple whilst getting in my car, I mean either that or I miss breakfast, which I would never do, even if it meant my mum going all berserk on me. It's now 8:24 and class starts at 8:35, which basically means there is no way in hell i'm gonna make it to class on time AND break the speeding policy, so I did the thing that anyone in my situation would do, I pressed the accelerator.

...

"Look, officer, I totally see where you're coming from, but you must see it from my point of view, I'm a stressed 16yr old Junior, who doesn't want to be late for there first lesson, and I need  to be on time today, so can you please just let it off this one time? Please officer I need this," I pleaded while trying  to make the most vulnerable, innocent face I could make, though I don't think the cop was buying it since he just looked at me with the same bored expression. 

"Kid, you either pay the fine, or you're coming with me to the station. And if you really wanted to be on time you'd have finished your speech twenty minutes ago and payed the fine, because from your excuse I'm assuming lessons start at 8:35 and it's-" he looked down to check his watch, "Nearly 9:00". My shoulders sagged as I realised there was no way to get out of paying the 100 dollars. I fished out the money from my wallet when the officer added with a smirk "Add  another 50$, for wasting a cops time." This time I didn't try to reason with him, because as stubborn as I am, the officer was more. 

 ...

Finally I made it to school, parking my black Audi in the schools parking lot - and made my way to the first lesson, AP Calculus.

...

(Aurelia pov)

"Jamie, I'm going out now kay?"

My little brother, Jamie looked up from his friends tv " yeah ok see you later!" Before I could say bye back he had already started watching a little boy playing with toys again. "Thanks again Mrs.  Grasscox" I had thanked her so many times now, ever since my parents died  2 years ago, Mrs Grasscox, a friend of my parents and the mother of Jamie's best friend - Ella - has driven him to school. Jamie was 3 when they died, and I was the mere age of 14. But the past is only a memory now, so I am trying my best to make Jamie's future a better one.                

...

Finally, I made it to school, parking my old pastel yellow van in the schools parking lot - and made my way to the first lesson, AP Calculus.

...

Please don't say my name, please don't say my name... ugh.

I swung my yellow bag - ochre to be precise - over my shoulder and moved to the back of the class. I could see my best friend Riley fake crying since I was no longer seated by her, but then all of a sudden her posture straightened and her 'crying face' (which looked more like a constipated seal, but oh well) turned into a flirty smile as her new partner was Dylan Mayers, one of the six "bad boys" of the school - though Riley and I much preferred to call them the Dipshit Squad. He had a mess of black curls with striking green eyes and always sported a flirty smirk on his face. He was the player of the group, with a new girl every week, but it's not like they didn't know about his reputation, he was good friends with him after all. 

Then in the group were Hayden and Austin, who weren't related by blood, but soul, according to them at least. They always broadcast in the cafeteria how they were "soul brothers". Hayden had short ash-blond hair and chocolate brown eyes, while Austin had hazel eyes and blond hair. Next there was Ashton, he was the loud, obnoxious one of the group. He has light brown eyes and nice light brown hair too, and was always seen shouting  in the corridors. After that was Leon, who was with him from day one. He was with him when he wasn't popular, a true friend with dreads and gorgeous brown skin. He was friendly and unlike the others, acknowledged people "below him". 

And then there was him. Alec Grayson, the type of boy you'd see in some chick flick, with half of the school's population totally in love with him. I'm not gonna lie and say that he wasn't good-looking, because he was. With brown, messy-but-in-a-hot-way hair, and mesmerising grey eyes, there's nothing to dislike. 

Except there was. His personality was pure shat. The shattiest shat personality you'd come across. Alec Grayson, known as the bad boy of  Eastcoast High, was also known as my bully. Ever since I joined this school, he always found a way to insult me, whether it was about my "big-ass deer eyes" or my "stupid hair," he wouldn't go a day without putting me down. Which is why I hated him. And hated the fact that the teacher decided to put us next to each other for the next semester. The only good thing about him being the 'bad boy' is that he hardly shows up for lessons, which means he won't be interfering with my education. 

(A/N)

First chapter finished! I hope you enjoyed it and if you did please vote, follow and comment :) 

Qotd:

How did you find this book?

Thank you so much for reading and have a nice day!

- Sky