Chapter 8

(Aurelia)

It's now been a week since Alec ran away, and a week since he hasn't shown up to school. Riley and I have started to hang out with the others more and more - and they had started to grow on me, I count them as my friends.  

Out of them all, I talked to Ashton and Leon the most. They both were helpful in opposite ways.

I'll put it this way, if I was upset about something, Leon would give me possibilities to fix it, or tell me that it's not the end of the world. Whereas Ashton would tell me the good in the situation, and that it could be worse. Ashton is an optimist, and Leon is a realist, and they both give extremely good advice.

Right now, Riley was chasing Dylan around with a bottle of the fizzy drinks the cafeteria sells, as Dylan had commented that her blond hair with baby pink highlights resembled unicorn shat. And since she had spent most of her yearly allowance on it and weirdly had a burning hatred towards unicorns - she did not take it lightly.

Hayden and Austin's laughs as well as the unusually high pitched shrieks from Dylan broke the crisp afternoon air. For some reason Ashton got up and ran towards Dylan with his fizzy drink, and helped Riley dunk the cherry-red liquid all over Dylan's grey t-shirt. The juice slowly begin to seep all over his front - showing his defined abs. I looked away, and turned my direction to Riley.Her flushed face showed that she had also noticed them. I smirked. Dylan, though soaked with the sticky fizz, turned to her and raised his eyebrows, "Like what you see?" Riley turned away too, and denied any accusations of her liking them, though her blushed cheeks told a different story. "I have a t-shirt in my locker, if you want it" Ashton didn't seem the slightest bit guilty, but still helped his friend. "And I have a towel in the changing rooms I can get it." Hayden offered. "Yeah thank you Hayden," he turned to Ashton with a mock glare "thanks a lot." With a massive grin, Ashton pretended that the thank you wasn't sarcastic, and replied with "no problem" and smiled wider, making his dimples pop. 

They started to walk towards the cafeteria, to get to the main building where Ashton's locker was. Riley looked down at her messy hands and frowned. "I should probably get cleaned up too" 

"I'll help," I started to get up and follow her to the girls restroom.

"Oh no, it's fine. I need to get a new drink anyway and the queue will take forever" she looked at the now empty plastic bottles on the floor. She came closer to me and checked if Leon was watching, he wasn't, instead he was looking down at his screen - oblivious to our conversation. "You can also talk about him, since there's no one else around." She winked and left, before I could tell her that I wasn't. But she was right. They were always together, like peas in a pod. So I could never get a chance to talk to one of them alone. I took my chance and walked back to where he was sitting. "Hey, Leon - can we talk for a second?" When he heard my voice, he flinched and automatically brought his phone to his chest, blocking it from my view. My brows furrowed for a second before I looked back at him. Was he hiding something? The question was itching on my tongue desperately wanting to be asked, but I knew I was in no place to ask. It could be something private and I had only known him for a week. We weren't at that stage of friendship yet. "Sure, what is it?" He pretended as if he hadn't done anything, and I played along too. "So it's been a week since he's shown up. And we have another project assignment. When is he going to be back, and why isn't he here?" 

A jovial spark glowed in his dark, ebony eyes, but it was gone as soon as it came. "Alec's fine, he just has a really bad case of the flu - that's all. Thanks for worrying though."

I raised my eyebrows at his misunderstanding. I wasn't worrying, he was my partner in calculus and I wanted to know when he'd be back so we could finish the assignment. Nothing more, nothing less. "No, I'm not worried, just curious." I tried to hide my surprise with an awkward laugh, but it didn't work because for the rest of lunch break, his obsidian eyes shone with glee.

...

(Alec pov)

I had the flu.

Notice how I said 'had'? That's because I don't have it anymore, I only had it for 2 days, but in my defence it was a very severe case of a cold, where your throat feels scratchy and your nose is blocked. 

I know what you must be thinking 'But if it only lasted for two days, then why did you skip for a week'. 

Well that's because me and Leon came up with an ingenious plan. It came to be on Tuesday, when they were all hanging out behind the bleachers. I was kinda jealous that they're all together when I'm suffering from loneliness, but it was gonna be worth it in the end. And it was. 

Apparently, Aurelia had noticed my absence. According to Leon, she kept on looking around for me. She notices my presence, that's the beginning of every friendship. And sooner or later, I knew she was gonna ask about me, and that happened to be later, on a Friday afternoon to be precise.

I was texting Leon, bored as ever. He was keeping me updated on everything happening at school, like how Ashton had a detention after school for laughing too loudly during a biology lesson, and how Riley and Ash just splashed Dylan with juice so Hayden and Austin we're gonna give their clothes and help him clean up, while Riley went to get a new drink. I kinda wish I was there, to help soak Dylan - even though I still have no clue why she did that, but Dylan is Dylan, and Dylan is like liquorice, you either love or hate him, he's an... acquired taste some might say.

So if Dylan, Ashton and Austin and Hayden had left, then Riley had to go. That would mean it would only be Aurelia and Leon. I texting him - asking if she was still there, but he didn't reply and his status was now "last seen at 12:57". I waited for a minute. I waited for another minute. 

Ugh. 

I don't know who Leon thought he was - leaving me, bad boy of Eastcoast High, fuck that; KING of Eastcoast high on read. The AUDACITY. To show him that I didn't need him either, I too turned my phone off too, and chucked my phone at the personalised plush the boys had gotten me for my 16th birthday. It had my face on it, and it was GINORMOUS. It was really big and soft and I slept with it for days, before it became my foot pillow. I got my phone back as soon as I threw it and checked if he had replied. He hadn't. 

I was bored. Very bored. I hadn't checked my phone because it had ran out of battery, and since Dylan broke my chargers the last time he stayed over, I didn't have anything to do. So after an hour of lying face first on my bed thinking about how miserable and depressing my life is, I decided to go on my laptop  to read on my favourite website,

Wattpad.

...

HAHAHHAAH SURPRISE BITCHES I BET YOU DIDNT SEE THAT COMING LMFAO

Because I didn't either.

So he is officially one of us. 

I welcome you Alec, to the World of  Wattpad.

So I hope you enjoyed this chapter, if you did please vote, comment and follow!

Have a great day/night.

Qotd: What's your favourite app?

- sky