Chapter 6

(Aurelia pov)

"You gave him my number!? Why? How? Tell me!" We were on the way to our first lesson - Calculus.

Riley rolled her eyes before responding."Calm down. Yes, I gave him your number, why? Because he asked for it. How? I sent it to him."

I felt my jaw drop. "So... you mean you... have his number? And you didn't question why he was asking for it?"

For some reason, a faint flush of red started to blossom on her cheeks and she avoided my eyes, instead admiring our surroundings. There wasn't much to look at. We were on the side of the school building, so there was only a small wooden fence, which had been rotting for ages now, in fact, I don't remember when it wasn't rotting. And behind the pathetic excuse of a fence, there was only a bunch of trees. "Well, not exactly." Finally Riley replied, "I sent it to Dylan and he sent it to Alec. And at first I wasn't going to - promise, but Dylan said it was about the homework so I thought it might have been important."

I felt my jaw drop even further - so it was probably on the floor by now. The whole "you gave him my number" thing had gone out of the window now, because "you have DYLAN'S number!? Dylan Mayers? The same Dylan who flirted with a doll last year? The same Dylan who tried to ask out Mr Pencinnelles!? You have DYLAN MAYERS number!? And you didn't care to mention any of this to me, your best friend!?"

Riley's face resembled a tomato. The blush had spread all over her face, a bright red colour. "I was meaning to tell you, but I didn't think you'd like it... with his reputation and all"

My eyes softened "Riley, yes he has a bad reputation, and yes he's flirted with everything in this school, but if you like him then I'm your No1. supporter! I mean - your babies would be the epitome of beautiful!"

She blushed even more and then laughed "Of course you'd say something like that, but thanks."

I shook my head, still laughing "Well that's why we're best friends isn't it? And that's why you wanted to get to class early. Because you wanted to spend as much time as you could with Dylan."

She jokingly rolled her eyes "Oh no, you caught me! Yes, that's what I was trying to do but it seems you're smarter than you look"

We had reached our class and she was heading to her seat when I realised what she meant ' smarter that I look' har har, very funny. I reached my seat and got out the worksheet that was due today. I made myself as comfortable as I could in the seat before writing his name on it too. It was 8:32, he was still not in. 

Maybe he's skipping class, he doesn't pay attention anyway. But I just saw him, earlier on. He was parked right besides me. 

He was probably skipping class, staying in his car all lesson - nothing out of the norm. Just as my suspicions were going to be proved to be correct, the devil himself walked - or a more appropriate word, strutted, through the door. I kept my eyes down, looking at my school items sprawled out all over our desk. As he was about to take a seat besides me, I took a deep breath - mentally preparing myself for the lesson which was about to happen.

...

Long story short, nothing happened. Alec was suprisingly... normal ? He didn't bother me once during the one hour lesson, the new record - it used to be 2 minutes. And no. He wasn't just normal. He smiled. One thing about Alec is that he doesn't smile at anyone. Not unless he's making jokes about  the person who received the smile. So when he did, it came as a huge shock. And came as a bigger shock when I smiled back. I smiled back at Alec Grayson. Me. Aurelia Randeres, smiled at Alec Grayson, my bully. I couldn't believe it. Alec Grayson smiled at me. He doesn't even smile at his fan girls. He only smirks and winks. And what shocked me even more was that he wanted to speak to me. And because and only because I was curious, I agreed to stay after class to talk to him about what he wanted to say. 

So after the bell rung and the teacher dismissed us, I sent a quick text to Riley, telling her that I'd meet her at our next lesson - double history. 

"So... what is it?" We were stood outside of the class in the main hall, and i desperately tried to ignore the stares of other students. They were looking at me as if I was the only person who Alec spoke to, which honestly is kind of true since he doesn't speak to anyone out of his 'gang'. To some he winks and smirks, but to the majority of the school population, he glares and grunts - like a troll.

...

(Alec pov)

I had taken Leon's advice. All throughout Calculus I didn't bother her once, and I somehow got the confidence to smile at her, and I don't smile at anyone. People may say that I'm grumpy, but if they cared to know me they'd know I'm not. In fact, I'd say I'm the opposite. It's just they can't handle my smile, they melt just by seeing my face, if they see my smile - they might die, and no-one likes the smell of rotting bodies.

At the end of the lesson, she followed me out of the class and stopped. "So... what is it?" 

I felt the eyes of the other students on me and Aurelia, and could almost feel the lasers they were burning in her skull. And obviously I couldn't let them look at her like that - she'd done nothing to them, so with a single icy glare at them, they immediately stopped looking and carried on their daily lives. "I, I just wanted to say... that... I am very, very..."

"Spit it out, I don't have all day here." Her brown eyes didn't have the softness it had towards everyone, the softness I wanted her to look at me with.

"I'm sorry."

...

CHAPTER 6 FINISHED WHOOO! Things are happening 😏 

I hope you enjoyed, if you did please vote, comment and follow!

Have a great day/night!

Qotd:  Best dessert?

- sky