Chapter 2

(Aurelia pov)

It was now just over half way through the lesson, and he had still not shown up. I just finished the worksheet the teacher had given out and was now looking out of the window, at the trees swaying in the breeze. The back of the class was oddly relaxing, the teacher wasn't always peering at your work, and I could finally eat my Skittles in peace, not having to hide them in my sleeve anymore. As long as Alec doesn't show up, I might enjoy this class.

...

I spoke to soon. As soon as was enjoying the lesson the class he confidently walked into the room. The teacher looked up from his computer, rolled his eyes and carried on with whatever he was doing, used to him being late. 

He strolled to the back, giving winks to my classmates who were practically drooling over him. He finally reached the back, only now taking notice of the fact that he no longer sat by Dylan. For a second his brows scrunched up and his grey eyes displayed confusion, before he realised what it meant. 

Every calculus lesson, which we had far to many of (which makes it even worse), he will get to annoy me non-stop. 

How fun.

 He effortlessly put his bag beneath the table and sat in the uncomfortable wooden chairs in a swift, fluid movement. "Hey deer, how come I have  the pleasure of sitting  by you today?" He smirked. Oh, I forgot to mention it earlier, but he calls me 'deer' as well. But it's not said like a loving couple would call each other 'dear', he calls me deer as in the literal animal deer. The reason for this?

 Because apparently my "big brown eyes look like a deer stuck in the headlights", his words not mine. He's called me that for so long now that I don't even bother to stop him, so I rolled my eyes and plugged my headphones in to block out his annoying voice.

...

"And he kept on stealing my pencils even when he didn't even bother to write anything down! Can you believe that?! The nerve that boy has I swear-" 

My ranting was cut short by Riley, who told me that "With all the times you've talked about him, I'd assume someone-" she wiggled her eyebrows, " has a crush".

 So I didn't mention his  name again, and changed the subject to what her plans for the weekend were. Glad to talk about something other than how much of a douche  he was, she eagerly told me about how her cousins were gonna come over and they were going to go to the local beach. "Ughhh I'm so jealous! Mrs Grasscox will probably make me work at our coffee shop again this week." 

 For some reason Riley looked shocked to hear me call the coffee shop boring, and almost choked on the Mac nd Cheese to reply."What!?! The coffee there is amazing, why wouldn't you want to go??" 

I rolled my eyes at her, "You know I can't drink anything right? It's against her policy. Apparently it 'influences customers to buy the same one as you' , I mean - you'd think that she'd let her favourite person to drink coffee whilst working?" 

My best friend simply laughed, " Well have fun making coffee, and I'll send you some photos of the beach don't worry"  She knew how much I loved the beach, and she knew that talking about it in front of me would make me even more jealous. 

"Gee thanks" I rolled my eyes "also are you gonna eat that?" I pointed at her half eaten pizza slice.

She slid her plate towards me and I took a huge bite into the delicious margherita pizza. " I don't get how you eat double the amount of an average person and still don't get fat. I eat a  single apple slice and gain 2lbs." She eyed me enviously as I took another bite of the cheesy  goodness, i eyed my cookie, waiting to be eaten. I salivated at the sight of it and felt my eyes dilate. Every so often, Mrs Grasscox makes these delicious chocolate chip cookies, with Belgium chocolate chunks and macadamia nuts. I was in love with them; and it took all the self-restraint I had to eat it last.

I turned away from it and faced Riley again, shrugging, "Guess God blessed me with a black hole of a stomach" We spent the rest of  lunch break chatting about all the things happening in school, when I felt someone tap my shoulder.

...

(Alec pov)

"You won't believe what happened in Calc class!" We had met up in the cafeteria, at the usual table in the middle of the lunch hall. Dylan, who was flirting with his latest girlfriend - much to her dismay turned away from her to give me a blank stare, he already knew since we shared AP calc. The others however turned to hear the news, and Hayden and Austin asked in unison "what?"

"I sit by her " I said in a hushed voice, as if I was telling my biggest, darkest secret. All of they're reactions were delayed. 

For a moment, everyone but Dylan at the table and looked at me in silence, as if waiting for a 'sike'. Rolling his eyes Dylan went back to talking to his new girl, who batted her spidery lashes once he payed attention to her.

The sike the rest we're waiting for never came. Then they all started laughing. "Poor girl"  Ashton exclaimed from the other side of the table, conveniently opposite to me, so i threw one of my fries at him. "Free food" Was all he said before the realisation of what I did just kicked in, like a bucket of freezing cold water was dumped on my head. That was my last fry. I had no food. 

I raised by head and scanned the entirety of the hall, though there weren't many people since it was nearing the end of lunch, let alone anyone with a plateful of food. I was about to accept the fact that I was going to starve for the afternoon when I saw her. And her cookie. It was untouched, it was perfect. Even from my table, I could tell it was one of the best cookies I've eaten, and I've eaten more cookies than the amount of girls Dylan's been with. Now all I had to do was get it from her.

...

Chapter two finished! Sorry for the slow updates lol and I hope you enjoyed! If you did please vote, comment and follow as well! Thank you and have a good day/night!  

Qotd: 

Would you rather live without Wattpad, or your best friend?

    -Sky