Chapter 16

Aurelia's pov 

"So, where're we headed?" His silver eyes drifted to my legs and a spark of worry filled them momentarily; before they shone with his usual glint of mischief. I could practically feel the blood rushing to my cheeks for the second time today, but this time due to embarrassment. "Er, Mary's Dairy Delight's?" Playing with the peeling edges of a paw patrol plaster, I did my best to avoid eye contact.

 What will he think? He's probably not surprised, I mean how unfit am I? I can't even walk a few blocks without my legs giving in. I should've lied. I should've told him I was going to the local gym, then maybe he could be impressed; knowing I spend my free time productively. Shit. Why would I even care what he thinks of me, we're talking about a guy who eats practically anything. But he also spends hours in the gym, all the girls are talking about it at school. Ugh. But that's because they're his cult, which I'm proud to have nothing to do with. 

"Oh great! I was going there anyway" he grinned and started the car; putting on a song, I recognised it instantly - Ophelia by The Lumineers.

All that worry, for what?! Well that's overthinking for you.

I internally sang the song in my head, whereas Alec did quite the opposite and attempted to hit the high note just as we pulled in the parking lot of the dessert shop. "Here we are", he smiled as he put on his sunglasses; shading his eyes from the afternoon glow of the sun. 

"So you were going to go here alone?" He cocked an eyebrow curiously as he opened the door for me. A strong scent of fresh cream and strawberries enveloped me, as I replied "Nah, I was meeting Jamie and Riley, what about you?" I thought for a moment (crazy I know). Alec said he was going to go here anyway but he was driving in the opposite direction when he found me; did he drive all the way here for me? If he did that means I need to repay him. I need to get him some dessert. 

"Oh, the others are coming here soon", he smirked. 

"LIA!" Jamie's shout gave us a few stares, not that I cared. I laughed; any bitterness left from them going without me forgotten.

 "Jamie where's Riley? And why didn't you tell me you were going here!?" 

He smiled cheekly, showing off his gappy grin "I was hungry". He ran before I could say anything back and I hurriedly chased him, grabbing Alec's hand as I went since he was distracted at the menu.

(Alec's pov)

The others were on their way; unsurprisingly they'd never say no to ice cream. Vanilla ice cream with strawberry drizzles and crushed waffle, or chocolate with caramel syrup and chocolate flakes? 

Life is so difficult.

Just as I was about to go to order; I felt a small, soft hand grab mine. I saw the top of Aurelia's brown waves and couldn't help the rosey flush in my cheeks. Her hand fitted in mine perfectly, I could get used to this.

"Ow, fuck." I was winded, whilst Aurelia was not-so-elegantly dragging me, one of the corners of the parlour tables hit me in my side. 

For a moment we stopped, and I could feel her eyes on me. Shit, I can't show her I got hurt - I'm supposed to be brave. 

Mustering up my best smirk, I assured her that I was fine. 

I was so not fine - but I can't let her know that, can I?

As I tried to cover up the pain with my dazzling grin, I couldn't help but notice slight concern in her eyes - and how they lingered on my stomach. 

...

(Aurelia's pov) 

I'd winced when he hit himself, but it seemed like it really must've hurt. I stopped, and turned to look at him. He was bent over, one hand on his stomach the other still gripping my hand. His hands were warm, and slotted perfectly in mine. I could get used to this.My ears went red at the thought, and I pushed them aside. Because I had much more important thoughts to think about - like if Alec was okay, and - where the Hell is Riley and Jamie?!

Well... I'm back! It's been nearly an entire year since I was last on wattpad, and now I think it's time to return to finish this book. Soo... how is everyone? 

I hope you all have had a good year so far; and I hope you haven't forgotten about Aurelia and Alec 😭, anyhow

Please like, and comment; and if you want to be notified for any updates, follow me ;) 

have a good day/night,

- Sky 

qotd: 

Are you in any fandoms?

I'm a HUGE potterhead