Chapter III - Revelation

(Jedi temple hangar, no one's point of view)

"Can we confirm it is him?" Plo Koon asked Anakin who was peering through a pair of electrobinoculars.

Anakin and Plo in their starfighters, along with Obi-Wan and Rex in a gunship, arrived almost immediately after Ahsoka reported that the stranger who the republic grand army simply referred to amongst each other as "the Marine", the lone armored gunman who thwarted the invasion on Kamino by himself, had been spotted on a demonic citadel outside of the Jedi Temple. It had been a few months since the attack had been ceased on Kamino. During the aftermath, Dr Samuel Hayden and the Marine himself mysteriously went missing. Dr Hayden would appear once again on Coruscant weeks later and gain the support of the galactic senate to continue manufacturing argent energy through tough convincing, despite the crisis that came out of his research. The marine never showed up to combat the demons who began attacking planets in the galaxy at random a few weeks ago, until now.

"He certainly looks different, from here at least. I need a source of comparison." Anakin said, taking his eyes away from observing the Slayer

"Right here," Rex said and pulled out a holopad. He activated the device and it displayed footage of the Slayer from the crisis on Kamino. Anakin observed the still image of the Doom Slayer in his earlier Praetor suit, wielding his hooked super shotgun and shoving it into the face of a demon revenant on the floor. Anakin focused on the details of the armor and then looked back up towards the demonic citadel through the electrobinoculars.

"Confirmed, it's definitely him. No question about it." Anakin responded. "He looks like he's got some real powerhouse upgrades to his armor, but the details still remain the same. The general armor design aesthetic, along with the helmet, the visor, the colors, not to mention his size, it can't be anyone else."

"Let me have a look." Plo Koon said. Anakin handed the device to him and Plo looked through at the citadel in front of them. "You said he entered through a portal that transported him up there, is that right padawan Tano?"

"Yes." Ahsoka said.

"It's a shame we couldn't follow him." Rex said. "That area is swarming with airborne challenged around it. Our fighters can't even get close. It'd be like infiltrating two Senate domes at once."

Obi-Wan observed the Slayer himself through a pair of macrobinoculars and then spoke up. "What in the galaxy is he doing on a fortress belonging to the mortally challenged in the first place? I thought he was on our side. But there they go, they just casually open a gateway and invite him in."

"Strange indeed." Plo Koon said, giving the electrobinoculars back to Anakin.

"You know looking around," Rex said. "I think it's reasonable to consider the fact that they didn't let him in."

They noted the demonic corpses littered around the area, including the gigantic headless cyborg tyrant.

"The captain has a point. This area bears a striking resemblance to the facilities on Kamino after the invasion." Plo said.

"Now that I think about it." Ahsoka said. "I assumed at first it was another challenged who went rogue that caused the carnage aboard that temple we investigated, but now that he's here," she pointed up at the Slayer's position on the fortress. "I realize it's likely that he's responsible."

Atop the platform on the citadel, you checked on all your tracking systems and identification tools in your suit's systems, curious to know why the hell priests' signal had just disappeared from your HUD.

VEGA spoke up in your radio. "I detect no irregularities in your core suit systems. I suspect it may be an issue with your ship's tracking systems. Even so, the priests may still be inside the citadel in their previously marked positions, I suggest you confront them before they have a chance to leave." You complied silently and walked towards the large doors in front of you.