Chapter XII - Arrival

(A few years ago, Jedi Temple, Your point of view)

"W-Whoah, OW!" After parrying Olee's lightsaber and sending it to the ground, I brought mine around to get her at the face. But as she was hunched over, she swept her leg through mine which led to me yelping in pain as I fell on my back hard.

"Hyah!" Olee exclaimed, bringing her saber to slice at my face.

"Hold on!" I exclaimed and brought my arms to cover my face. I lay there bracing myself for a second until I opened my eyes and saw her lightsaber blade mere inches from hitting me. It's heat, radiating right onto my forehead, was really upsetting my sweat glands.

"Dead." Olee stated. She retracted her lightsaber blade and extended her hand. I sighed and grabbed her hand so she could help me back on my feet. She had a smug look on her face.

"I could've dodged that." I said, feigning confidence.

"Yes, you could've." Olee said, "if you had only expanded your attention past my lightsaber, (Y/n)." I sighed again in response.

"It's just... so distracting." I said.

"Well, that's why we're here." Olee said, "To help you get better."

"Is this really how I get better though?" I asked.

"Of course it is." Olee said, "Come on. You wanted me to help you out, and this is how you get helped. Practice makes perfect. What else could we do?" I thought for a moment.

"I.. I don't know." I said, "Just, some sort of introduction to the concept. When I asked you to help me with my focus, I didn't know we were just gonna do exactly what Master Chatak tried doing, which WASN'T working!"

"(Y/n), repeated exposure and exercises is the most effective means to expand your awareness with the time we have." Olee said, "You've been here for over a month. Who knows when they'll call you back out into duty? It could be any day now. So if you wanna be prepared? This is the best and most efficient thing I can do." She reignited her lightsaber and took a few steps back away from me. "Let's try it again," She said, "We'll go a little slower this time. PAY ATTENTION to my whole body. I'm gonna make my movements as exaggerated as I possibly can."

I sighed, ignited the upper blade of my lightsaber, and said, "Fine."

"Come on," Olee said as she started slowly side stepping around me, "Where's your motivation?"

Her question made me think for a moment, and I remembered how much I missed spending time with the Wolf pack, the one thing I couldn't stand about being home. Olee swung her lightsaber up towards my right side, but I leaned out of the way and slammed my saber into hers as it passed over my head and pushed it out of the way.

"My leg." Olee blurted out.

"Wha-? OW!" I said as Olee kicked my leg, causing me to fall into a half kneeling position. With her lightsaber free, she drew it back and prepared to stab me with it. I quickly disconnected my hilts and used them both to direct her lightsaber upwards. "Nice try." I said to her.

We stood there awkwardly for a moment with our faces close to each other and both our arms stretched towards the ceiling, our sabers pushing against each other.

"So now what're going to do?" Olee asked.

"I... don't know." I said, "I didn't think this far ahea- OW!" I said before Olee brought her foot up and kicked me hard in the stomach, causing me to stumble back and retract the blade on one of my lightsabers to hold it close to my gut. "AUGH!" I yelled as Olee roundhouse kicked me again in the side, making me fall back down, holding myself up with my arm. Olee prepared to bring her lightsaber on me again but I blocked it with the lightsaber I held in my free hand. I looked at Olee's leg as she reeled it backwards before sending her foot over to my face.