Chapter VII - Relentless Pursuit

(Gyndine battlefield, Ashoka's point of view)
"Looks like they're eager to show us a good time." Master Anakin said while deflecting more blaster bolts back at the UAC.

"What's the plan Skyguy?" I asked him.

"We've got our own advantage now," He gestured at all the troopers carrying their argent empowered blasters. "But we'll have to make accommodations. Commander Tano and I will be acting mainly as defense for you, hit them hard and don't stop until they fall, or until they're riddled with enough holes to let a lightsaber slice right through them."

"Understood." Rex said.

"We're going to divide and conquer, you all are with me," Master Anakin said and waved his hand over Rex, Kix, and half of the other troopers with us. "The rest of you," He continued, with Commander Tano. Take the right side and do what you can to assist the rest of the GAR forces in clearing this place out. Master Anakin faced the battlefield, "The scales are tipped in our favor. You know what that means!"

I grinned.

"Time for payback! Move out!"

The clones erupted into war cries as we ran from the revenant's dead body and through the battlefield. Master Anakin ran over to engage a group of imps and hell knights head-on, accompanied by his division of the 501st soldiers. I ran out with my division making our way to the right, our destination: a short rocky cliffside where a large squadron of UAC cultist soldiers accompanied by mechanized zombies was positioned and shooting at the compound. A lone trooper from close up to me ran out and engaged them while shouting proudly.

"Give them everything you've got!" I exclaimed and drew out my lightsabers to protect the clones once the UAC force noticed us. The trooper continued running towards them while firing wildly at them.

"EAT THIS YOU DAMN GRUBS!!" He fired at the UAC soldiers, taking about three of them out.

"That's right!" A trooper yelled out from behind me, "Get em Knockback!" Knockback aimed at the mecha-zombies and fired as he got closer, the shots made a few holes in their torsos.

"That's right Knockback!" Another clone said enthusiastically

"Send them straight to hell Knockback!" Another one said

"PUT THEM IN THE GROUND KNOCKBACK!"

"YOU GOT THIS KNOCKBACK!" A few more clones motivated Knockback with excitement. But the mecha-zombies barely flinched after being riddled with holes. Knockback vaulted over a large stone and slammed his blaster full force into the face of one of the mecha-zombies and blasted a few shots into its head after it fell to the ground.

My eyes widened, the clones suddenly stopped cheering for Knockback, and we slowed down our advancement towards the UAC and the demons when we saw the mecha-zombie grunt in annoyance on the ground and slowly push itself up. Knockback fired his blaster at the face of another, but the mecha-zombie only covered its face with its hand, grabbed Knockback's blaster and lifted it out of the way before sinking its teeth into his shoulder.

"AAHHHH, AAAAHH! IT'S GOT ME! IT'S GOT ME!" Knockback screamed in pain when the mecha-zombie started tearing out flesh with its jaws, and his screams tripled in pain when two more mecha-zombies joined in. I watched, frozen in terror as they continued gnawing on him through his armor and slowly tore him apart. Then the mecha-zombies turned their blood-soaked heads towards us.

"Find cover! Find cover now!" I yelled to the troopers. We ran to our right where several large stones were positioned. The clones ducked behind them and avoided the blaster fire of the UAC soldiers and the mecha-zombies while I kept on deflecting blaster bolts for them to have a clear path.