Chapter VI - Defend the ARC

(A few years ago, Battle of Khorm, Agrocite mines, No-one's point of view)

"Keep your senses in check." Plo said. "We don't have much time before they're executed."

"I'm trying." you said. And focused all of your attention on the flow of the force throughout the caves. It was a big area, and the freezing weather was not helping you clear your mind from distractions. The mines were very large, and it was hard to focus on everything in them at once. While searching through the caves and feeling your way around the force, you accidentally stumbled on a piece of mining equipment, stubbing your toe "Ow. Wait..." you said. You felt a familiar presence... droids... commandos. "I sense a lot of droids down here." You pointed to the path on your right.

"I sensed it as well." Master Plo said. Do you suppose the prisoners could be down there?"

"They are crowded all around some place, they must be guarding something." You said.

"It's enough of a lead." Adaroo said. He stomped over to the cave tunnel and ushered for you and the others to follow him down the path. "Hurry! They're running out of time!"

You, Plo, along with the Devil Dogs troopers followed the anxious Khormai. Plo pulled out a holopad with his right hand and the blue visual of Ahsoka covered with a thick fur coat appeared on the device. "Ahsoka, what's your status on the cannons?" Plo asked

Ahsoka was kneeling down behind an ice wall as she spoke, "We're having some trouble. Ow!" She ducked down as a large explosion went off not too far from her. "The cannons have us pinned down in front of the mine. We're right in front of them, but they're too high up for us to get close enough to engage at the enemies guarding and operating them. Master Fisto suggests we hold out until you come back."

"We'll be bringing out all the prisoners with us, they'll be in danger if those cannons are not disabled by the time we leave." Plo said

"What about Wolffe?" You asked. Master Plo looked faced towards you and you continued with your idea. "The Wolf pack, they're still above us, Commander Wolffe ordered the fleet to pull out of the agrocite cannons and stand by until the entrance is clear for the final strike. He's got more than enough men to make a small infiltration squad while the cannons are focused on you and Master Fisto."

"Not a bad idea." Plo Koon said.

"Yes a bad idea!" Ahsoka exclaimed, "In case you didn't know, I haven't enjoyed being shot at like bantha-fodder for the last ten minutes!"

"If someone shoots at you, duck. Always works." You said.

"Ha ha." Ahsoka said sarcastically

"It's the best strategy we have for now. You'll be fine little 'Soka, Master Fisto will be right there with you." Plo said, trying to reassure her.

"He's on the other side of the enclosure." Ahsoka said.

"Close enough." You said, "Take care, Ahsoka!"

"You little..." ahsoka said before sighing in defeat and shaking her head with a grin. "If we survive this you are so going to-" Plo Koon disconnected and looked at you.

"Unfortunately the caves tend to have a bad transmission quality." He said. You gave off a soft chuckle as you all made your way through the caves toward the collection of droids, and hopefully the prisoners. Adaroo suddenly stopped in front of you. You and Plo Koon slowed down as y'all approached him, his large figure partially obscured what was in front of him.

"Is there a problem, Adaroo?" Plo asked, before the burning sounds of igniting lightsabers was heard, and a red glow shined brightly on Adaroo.

"There... is." Adaroo said cautiously as he slowly backed away. Over his shoulder, you saw her. Tattoos over her pale bald head, the most notable feature Ahsoka described to you. Dragging two curved hilts which held red lightsaber blades scraping along the ground and leaving burning marks beside her walking path, Asajj Ventress slowly strolled over to you and the others while maintaining a menacing gaze.