Chapter 12

It's 6:00 and Pierson and I haven't discussed what happened in the kitchen earlier. We also haven't discussed why I was talking to myself in the bathroom.

I'm putting our dinner plates in the dishwasher when I feel him standing behind me.

I close the dishwasher and turn to face him.

He puts his arms on either side of the sink locking me in place.

"Can we at least talk about the bathroom?" he questions.

"No," I state while looking into his vibrant green eyes that narrow at me.

"Why do you always see him in the bathroom?" he wonders. I laugh at that.

"It's not the bathroom! It's mirrors and reflections," I defend while pushing at his chest, he doesn't move.

"You hear his voice too?" he lists off.

"No. I know it's not out loud; I hear it in my head," I explain. He nods while looking at me questionably.

"Don't look at me like that," I demand.

"Like what," he smiles.

"Like that," I laugh while pushing at him again. He leans in closer and I close my eyes. I feel his lips press to mine and I don't stop him. Instead, I move my hands to his hair and pull him closer to me.

Pierson is hard-headed but he's becoming more understanding. I think it's making our bond stronger.

He picks me up and sets me on the counter. We never break our kiss. I wrap my legs around his waist and moan softly.

Suddenly, my body freezes. I'm hit with a wave that starts at my chest and travels down to my stomach.

Guilt.

I feel guilt.

"Kaydence?" Pierson asks while pulling his lips from mine.

"C-can you grab my water please?" I ask while pointing at the fridge.

"Yeah," he replies while pushing away and walking to the fridge. I take slow breaths and run my hand through my now sweaty hair.

He hands me my water bottle and I take a sip to try and sort through my feelings. I put the water down next to me and put my hands on either side of the counter I'm sitting on.

"Better?" he asks while standing in front of me.

"I think so," I reply while looking into his eyes.

"Just be present with me," he whispers.

"Pier," I say while holding my hand to his chest to stop him from kissing me again.

He smirks at his shortened name.

"Kay," he says back.

I roll my eyes but smile back at him.

"Let's go watch a movie," I suggest.

"You pick, I'll be right back," he tells me while lifting me off the counter and setting my back on the ground.

I go into the living room and begin to scroll through Netflix. I turn on The Vampire Diaries and lay down on the couch.

Pierson went upstairs a while ago and I'm pretty sure he's in his office.

I stand up and quietly walk up the steps. I hear his voice coming from his office. I sit on the top step and listen to his conversation.

"But the scent was for sure more towards North Dakota?" he confirms.

I try to piece together the conversation. I can tell he's on the phone with Egan. The rouges left to North Dakota?

"Just one. In the bathroom again," his voice replies. I freeze. He's talking about me.

I stand up and walk to the rest of the way to the office, my blood is boiling.

Pierson pauses when he sees me.

I hold out my hand for the phone.

"Um, she wants to talk to you," he says before handing it over.

I put Egan on speaker and glare at Pierson.

"Why didn't you just call me personally?" I shoot at Egan.

"Kayde, I was already on the phone with him," Egan sounds tired.

"Why did you have to leave the room if you're just talking to Egan?" I ask Pierson.

"All my maps are up here, you could have come with me," he shrugs.

"You didn't say that before," I accuse.

"Kayde, we can talk about this tomorrow," Egan promises.

"Okay, go to bed," I tell him.

"Night," he laughs softly.

"Night," I say before hanging up.

"Don't be mad," Pierson presses while taking his phone back.

"Don't tell me how to feel," I say while spinning around. Pierson catches my arm and I roll my eyes in annoyance.

"Let go," I firmly state while pulling my arm from his grasp. He stands in front of me and sighs.

"I'm sorry. I should have told you I was calling Egan," he apologizes.

"Thank you for apologizing," I say. I'm still hurt. Pierson always leaves me out of the conversation and decides what I should and shouldn't hear.

It's another way him and Egan differ.

"You're still mad," he observes.

"No," I reply. He narrows his green eyes at me in response.

"Tell me what you're thinking," he presses.

"I'm thinking about how Egan never calls you behind my back," I honestly say.

I then walk around him and go into the bathroom to take a shower. I think I've had enough for today.

_______________________

Thanks for reading!

Much Love,

A.Lynn