Chapter 25 - Epilogue

Epilogue

It's my graduation day.

I didn't invite my mom, but I see her in the crowd right before I walk across the stage. We have been working on our relationship. She even attended a virtual therapy session with my therapist. This is the first time I have seen her in person since the day my father died.

"Kaydence Evans, Bachelor of Science, Magna Cum Laude," the speaker announces as I glide across the stage.

"Woot Woot," I hear Pierson and Egan cheer in unison. My eyes reach theirs, and I smile at them as I make my way down the stairs.

I find my seat again, but stand up to cheer Keelie on when it's her turn to walk across the stage.

I am no longer a college student, but as this time in my life ends an even bigger piece is about to begin.

One where I am a Luna.

I have equally weighed all of my options.

Pierson and Egan researched if it was possible to be claimed by two mates. So far, we have not been able to find any history to support Pierson's theory.

They both agreed we could try if that was my decision.

I find Pierson and Egan after the ceremony; they both hold out a bouquet of flowers as I approach them.

"Thanks," I tell them both while scanning the room for familiar blue-green eyes that mirror mine. My eyes land on her and she approaches us.

"Thank you for coming mom," I smile at her as she approaches.

"I wouldn't miss this for the world," she cautiously holds out her arms to me and I accept her hug.

"Would you like me to take some pictures?" she asks.

"That would be great," I tell her while handing her my phone.

I grab Pierson and Egan's hands and then slip my arms around both of them.

Their bonds send eclectic shocks through my body, they don't oppose each other anymore, they work together. My arms wrapped around them makes me feel complete.

"Kayde!" I hear Keelie shout as she approaches us.

"Keels," I beam while running up to her and grabbing her in a hug.

"Hi Ledger," I add while taking Keelie's hand and leading her to my mom so we can take pictures.

Keelie's parents trail after her and her mom hugs me after we take pictures.

"It seems like just yesterday that you two were running around the neighborhood with your walkie talkies," her mom reminisces.

"Code names and everything," her dad jokes.

"Kay Bear to Kiwi," my mom humorously joins as she imitates how we used to play detectives.

"Kay Bear?" Egan raises his eyebrows while chuckling.

"We were six," I laugh while thinking back to simpler times. Times before we knew werewolves existed.

Keelie pulls me aside while her parents converse with my mom and the boys.

"Big day," she whispers.

"Indeed," I agree while watching my mom shake hands with Pierson and Egan. It's her first time officially meeting them.

I let my eyes fall from them and move to my best friend's sky-blue eyes, they quickly assess mine and she gives me a reassuring smile.

"You're making the right decision. You have your reasons and everyone will support you," she calms me.

I let my eyes scan back over to the boys and see that Pierson is intently watching us.

I let my eyes fall and let out a shaky breath.

"I love them both. I don't want to hurt them," I whisper.

"You won't. They both want what's best for you," she reasons.

"Yeah, but coincidently they both think they are what's best for me," I laugh.

"Only you know what's best for you. You are confident in your decision, don't doubt yourself," she encourages.

I nod and glance over at them again. My mom is showing them something on her phone that is making them smile.

"I think there's still time for a Starbs run," I smile at her. She links her arm with mine as we run out of the building for the last time.

************

I shakily take a sip of my iced coffee.

"Where do I start?" I take a breath ready to explain my decision. I look from green eyes to brown and then down at the table.

"My decision is..."

New Years 2041.

"We did it," Keelie exclaims.

"Did what?" I ask her while taking a sip of my drink.

"It's next news years and we are celebrating with our mates," she devilishly smiles at me.

"Cheers to that," I laugh while holding up my copper mug and clinking it against her vodka lemonade. 

____________________________

It has been amazing to be creative and start writing again. 

Thank you to everyone who supported the books and voted/commented along the way.

If you reaaaally want answers head over to my profile and read, "Escaped a Novela."

Much Love,

A.Lynn