Chapter 22

Keelie and I convinced Egan and Ledger to have one shot with us to start the night off. Since their one cherry bomb, they have both been drinking water.

Going out with Keelie is always fun, but to have mates that are also best friends is another level of amazing.

"One more," I tell Keelie as I head back to bar and off the dance floor. Ledger joins her in my absence, making me smile at them.

I feel Egan place his hand on my lower back.

"Having fun?" he smiles while signaling to the bartender.

"Another mule and water," he tells him while moving his hand in circles on my back. I lean into him as I wait for my drink.

The bartender hands me my drink and Egan his.

I grab Egan's free hand and lead him to the dance floor. As I'm dancing with Egan, I can't help but remember when Pierson was here with me.

It was the first night I opened up to him. I barely even knew Egan.

I feel my heart drop a little as I remember the night.

Noah.

What did the police tell his parents?

What will happen?

I down the rest of my drink and move to head back towards the bar, but Egan grabs my hand.

I turn around and he is holding his water out to me.

I think about rolling my eyes, but decide to take the water. I dance with Egan until the room starts to spin. I finish his water and I feel him take my arm and sit me in a chair. Another water is being handed to me.

"Drink it, Kayde," Egan insists.

I take the water and drink it all. The room is less blurry and I focus on Egan.

"I think we should call it a night," I tell him.

"Me too," he agrees while gently pecking my lips and grabbing my hand. We walk over to Keelie and Ledger and she hugs me, already knowing what I'm about to tell her.

She puts a balled-up piece of paper in my hand and then closes my fingers around it.

I nod at her, knowing that this is the library note, also known as the bra note.

I wave to her and Ledger and walk out of the bar with Egan.

"We should just stay at my apartment," I tell him. We are closer to my apartment than his house. Plus, Pierson is picking me up tomorrow for the Starlight pack meeting.

"Good idea," he tells me while helping me into his truck. I'm squeezing the note in my hand, it suddenly feels heavier with the thought of Pierson.

When we make it inside to my apartment I instantly fall onto my bed. I feel Egan sit down beside me. He gently puts his hand over my hand. The hand that is squeezing the note.

He softly opens my hand and takes the note out of it. I get off the bed and walk into the bathroom and lock the door.

I turn on the shower and escape the reality of what Egan is reading on my bed right now.

I turn off the water and wrap a towel around my body. I open the bathroom door and run into Egan. He's gripping the note in one hand and pushing me back into the bathroom with the other. He shuts the door and leans against it, effectively locking us both in the bathroom.

"E?" I complain.

"What the hell is this?" he asks while shaking the paper.

"The bra note?" I nonchalantly reply while trying to move around him. He won't budge so I roll my eyes and stand directly in front of him

"You wanted to know my theory, well there it is. Now please move so I can get dressed," I demand. He slides away from the door and I push past him and go into my room to change into my pajamas.

Once I'm in my pajama shorts and a tank top I head back into the bathroom to brush my hair. Egan is leaning against the counter waiting for me.

I grab my brush and begin pulling it through my hair.

"Kayde, why didn't you tell me any of this before?" Egan asks while tearing his eyes away from the damned piece of paper to look at me. His eyes hold fascination but also hurt.

"I just starting piecing things together. I started thinking why is it that you can stop my panic attacks, but Pierson can't? Why is our bond always strong and Pierson and mine is forever changing?" I begin.

"You bring out the side of me that wasn't traumatized," I continue. "Pierson brings out the side of me that was tortured in the cellar. When Pierson is calm and care-free our bond is strong, when he is overbearing it reminds me of my dad and our bond is weak. You always seem to know what to say to calm me down and you challenge me, but not in a threatening way. That's why our bond is strong. You seem to always know what I need, even before I do," I honestly tell him.

I see a tear fall from his eye and I turn to him and wrap my arms around his waist.

"I love you so much," he whispers into my hair as he wraps me a tight embrace.

"I love you too, E," I mumble against his chest.

"I think you're really onto something about the supernatural aspect," he urges while pulling away from me and grabbing my shoulders.

His eyes are no longer sad, but excited. My theory has lit a fire inside of him. I can see the flames swirling around his caramel eyes.

"Look I'm glad you're excited, but the room is still spinning and I need to go to bed so I can make a good impression tomorrow," I tell him.

"Of course," he nods while reading the note again.

"E, can we please just put my theory on pause?" I ask while taking it out of his hands.

I place it on the island in the kitchen and then slide into bed.

"Consider it on pause," Egan whispers while sliding into bed next to me and kissing my cheek. I'm dozing off when I feel him wrap his arm around my stomach and whisper, "You're the most amazing person I've ever met. I love you more you can ever imagine."

_________________________________

Thoughts?

Much Love,

A.Lynn