Chapter 2

When I woke up, there was a new day full of possibilities in front of me. And then I looked at my phone that was next to my bed and frowned. I forgot completely about all the shit show at my restaurant last night. And my phone was on silent so I didn't hear any of the 10 calls or the notifications from the messages. So I did the first thing that came into my head: I got out of bed, took my phone and placed it onto the kitchen table while I started making coffee. Clearly I wasn't even going to read the messages or call anyone before I had some coffee.

Ten minutes later, I was sitting at the table, sipping the yumminess in my cup and unlocking my phone. There were some messages from the people that work at the restaurant, asking me what happened there and being sorry and worried. I ignored those, and read the message from the detective annoying:

Miss Lancaster, please answer the phone. I have some questions to ask you about what happened last night at the restaurant.

Detective Parker.

It was 9:30 in the morning and this dude called me 5 times already. Did he even sleep at all? His message was just making me not want to call him. I was taking another sip of coffee while thinking that maybe I will let him steam up while I take a shower, when the screen on my phone lit up and I recognized the detective's number. I decided to answer.

"Good morning, detective. I was just about to call you!"

"Miss Lancaster, Good morning. I was starting to think that you ran away."

"No running. Just sleeping." I yawned so hard that my mouth started to hurt. "What questions do you have?"

"I contacted all your saff and will question them today. Can you come to the precinct this afternoon? Let's say, 4:00 pm?"

His commanding tone made me want to say no instantly, so I closed my eyes and counted to five and then answered.

"Sure. See you then." and ended the call.

We already hated each other so I wouldn't be surprised if the guy decided that I killed the person and then threw the body in the ocean and wanted to put me into jail. I wouldn't be surprised if he decided to lock me up for no reason at all. So, with that in mind, I started doing my research.

I checked the recordings from the restaurant cameras, but they were not there. So, I called Kevin, the computer genius that liked to eat at my restaurant.

"Jen, darling, are you calling me to get you out of jail because the police accused you for what happened at the restaurant?"

"No, Kev. Jeez, gossip travels fast!"

"You have no idea how fast." he sighed and then continued "How are you? Are you ok?"

"I'm actually great! Slept like a baby. And don't worry, there is a detective that just hates me and probably want to send me to jail just because I crossed his path so you might have a chance to be the knight in the shining armor and save me from being being sent to jail while innocent as I did for you" as he started laughing, I continued. "But until then, would you like me to help me with something else?"

He was more than happy to come and help me find a way to discover what happened with the missing recordings. Then I called Steven, my cute neighbor who was a cop. So two hours later, after I took a shower and made another coffee, Steven and Kevin were in my living room, sipping coffee and making jokes. This time, I was the source for their jokes.

"I have to tell you that I am happy that this time is not me." Kevin told me from behind the computer screen.

"So it means that it's your turn next time?" I asked Kevin, with a grin on my face.