Chapter 6

As much as I tried to convince Kevin that I was going to be fine and maybe would be less conspicuous if he went home, he chose to stay with me and make sure that I was safe. So, my knight in not so shining armor slept on the couch, because I turned the guest bedroom into a walk-in closet, of course. And he also probably saw my vibrator in the bathroom because I forgot again about it and left it there. But he didn't say anything. Or maybe he already knew that I ordered it online. I chose not to think too much about that. It was his choice to stay and sleep on my couch so it was his choice to take the risk of whatever I had in that apartment.

It was past midnight when we finally chose to go to sleep. Until then we tried to put together a plan to discover more about all the weird stuff that happened, but maybe we were too tired.

I fell asleep immediately. When I woke up, confused and lost, it was still dark. When I looked at my phone it was 5 oclock in the morning, and in an instant I remembered everything that happened the day before, including that Kevin was sleeping on the couch. Deciding that I didn't care if I woke him up, I went to the kitchen to drink some water. I was too thirsty to feel guilty when I saw him in the doorway.

"Can't sleep either?" he asked, his voice hoarse.

"I actually just woke up!" I smiled at him and poured another glass of water that I was going to take with me. "Couldn't sleep? I told you that it's not the most comfortable couch."

"The cuch is fine" he stiffened a yawn, then went to pour a glass of water and downed it immediately. "I couldn't stop thinking and thinking and analyzing everything in my head and I might have a headache."

I went in front of him and put my free hand on his shoulder.

"Poor you. I'm going back to sleep. Please make sure that you won't start a fire from too much analyzing. " And then in an attempt to make a joke I added "Would you like some rocking and cuddling like the big baby that you are?" I didn't wait for an answer and I went back to bed. Then I started thinking about what I just said. I wasn't sure that it made sense. My brain wasn't working anyway. Too early for that. But then Kevin came into my bedroom, and lay down on the bed next to me. I frowned.

"What are you doing?"

"Taking your advice as the big baby that I am." Then he put a hand around my waist, put his head closer to my shoulder and fell asleep.

I just stood there for another minute, deciding that I was too tired to do anything else and I closed my eyes. Minutes passed and I wasn;t falling asleep. I turned on my back, Kevin's hand pressing on my stomach and I was feeling his breath in my right ear. I decided that I wasn't going to get mad because he was too tired anyway. But as much as I tried to stay calm and fall asleep, I was actually getting angrier.

Fifteen minutes later, I was on my couch, playing games on my phone while killing Kevin slowly in my head. How dare he come into my bed? My bed! It was like he invaded my territory. And he won't get away without a war. Fucking asshole! I require the entire fucking bed to sleep well. And his presence was taking way too much space!

When I realized that it was already light outside, I stopped playing games on my phone, closed the door to my bedroom to let Kevin sleep and then put on some music while I made some fresh juice and opened my computer. I still had some work to do that didn't involve a Kevin sleeping in my fucking bed or worewolfs or Tom Goldman and his glowing eyes.

Now that it was morning, I was more and more certain that it was a bad joke. If he can make fantasy movies with all kinds of special effects, I think he can also make his eyes glow. And I was almost sure that it was just a plan for Kevin to get into my bed and that the video that he showed me was just a sequence from a movie.