Chapter 13

I was still discovering my powers, especially the one where I could just know all sorts of stuff about people. Or in this case, vampires and werewolves. I was wondering if that worked with humans too.

All I could make sense of, from the tsunami of information from the vampire brothers was that there will be a meeting, and a lot of vampires will be present. And I knew exactly where, because I followed Tom Goldman to that same location.

Taking my phone and car keys, I went to the parking lot and hopped inside. Sitting there, looking at the other cars in front of me but not actually seeing them, I was planning in my head a way to attend that meeting and not be recognized. And I remembered that I've been drinking wine and even if I was almost sure that all the alcohol dissipated from my system during my nap earlier, I didn't want to test that theory with the police. And as fun as Arvin, my occasional driver, was, I didn't want to involve him in this. What could I say to him? Arvin, darling, I'm some kind of a witch and I am going to spy on some vampire council meeting? Oh, and by the way, werewolves exist too.

Closing my eyes, I took a deep breath and put my attention on my body. I could feel every molecule. Then I asked those molecules of alcohol to dissipate from my body. I didn't feel anything, so I opened my eyes and then realized that I actually felt more awake. It seemed like I had another spell to add to my book of magic. Yay me!

Two people came into the parking lot, and I started feeling dizzy. I did my best to relax and put the nausea away. I felt instantly better after they left the parking lot.

How was I going to drive to the other side of the city if I was going to feel like I've been drinking for one week straight? And I knew that I wasn't actually drunk.

I had no idea, but I was going to find out. Turning on the engine, I turned on the music and started to sing while leaving the parking lot and finding in my head the best route to the vampire lair.

The music was actually working. It was still intense, but it was easier to allow myself to just be present with the waves of information coming from all directions, and drive, and sing. I was the queen of multitasking!

Thirty minutes later, I was parking the car on a street close to the meeting place and killed the engine. Turning my phone on silent because I didn't want it to start making noise and alert all those vampires about my presence, put my airpods in my ears and turned on the music, low enough so I could hear what was going on around me, but loud enough so I could still hear the music. Then I put on some purple lipstick, because I was feeling too good about myself and I exited the car, going to the vampire layer, as I nicknamed it. I wasn't sure if that was actually a vampire layer, but it sounded cool in my head, so who cared?

The streets were quiet and when I got close to the vampire layer I started doubting that the meeting was going to be there because there was no sign of the vampires. But I arrived way too early anyway, so maybe they were going to start coming closer to the time when the meeting starts. I hoped that this would happen and I congratulated myself while approaching the entrance door. It was locked. Then I went around the building to look around. There was another back entrance, locked too. I was thinking to maybe hide myself beneath one of the windows and hope that it was going to be hot enough inside that they will open the windows, but I wasn't going to bet on that. So I approached the back door and started playing with my magic. It was the perfect time to discover what else I was capable of. I put my hand on the door, then realized that blowing out the door wasn't the most subtle way to hide my presence so I put my attention on the lock. My body started tingling and I wasn't sure what I did but I heard a click, and then the door opened. Doing a little victory dance, I entered the building, closing the door and concentrating on the lock again. I heard another click and when I checked the door was locked again. Fuck I was amazing!