Chapter 15

"You two were playing with some trees in the forest. I thought it would be an easy catch and kill because you were just teenagers. I underestimated you, Jenifer. Or should I call you Lara?"

That name was very familiar. Was that my name? My head started to hurt as I was trying to remember anything. But then Stinky Breath continued talking. "Your magic was more powerful than I thought. And you almost killed me. You woul've killed me if it wasn't for this stupid curse that the other witches put on me hundreds of years ago."

"Curse?"

"Yes. They cursed me to be part huma, part vampire and part werewolf. It was just a joke for them and they thought that I would stop hunting werewolves and vampires. They never thought that I would start killing all the witches. Your lot is the worst and I will make sure there will be no more witches in this world."

Ok, he was very angry. And I knew why he could see me. I didn't add half vampires to the spell. Who knew that that was a thing? That also explained why the color in his eyes and around his body was some kind of greenish brown, like when you combine too many colors that it just looks like shit. That was the curse, messing up with him.

"So, you are human, vampire and werewolf?"

"I am neither. I cannot transform into a wolf, and my senses are a little more acute than of a normal human. I am immortal, but my healing is not fast. And it hurts a lot. It took me two months to recover after what you did to me in the forest!"

I was starting to remember that day. He attacked Kevin, or actually his name was Jonathan back then, and he hurt him. I got so angry and I unleashed my magic on Stinky Breath. All that magic that I suppressed because it scared me when I could do stuff that Kevin, or Jonathan couldn't do. But I wanted to kill the hunter. I only stopped when I realized that he couldn't die. I didn't know about the curse then, so I healed Kevin and ran away.

"So, killing witches is just a fun hobby for you? Or killing children?"

"Oh, killing witches isn't just a hobby. It's my life. And I am immortal. And killing them when they are young is best, because they don't get to grow up and spread their knowledge to others."

"So you're the reason there aren't many witches left."

"I am the reason that there are only two witches left at the moment and will be none soon."

I smiled.

"You're even dumber than I thought. Darling, you keep underestimating me." With one swift move I freed my arms and legs and stood up looking at Stinky Breath's shocked face. "But this time I know how to kill you."

He tried to stand up but I made sure that his body remained stuck on the chair. Then I found the thread of magic from the curse. It actually looked like a failed rainbow with its colors combined until they became a sick brown.

"You know why I ran away then? Because I couldn't deal with you. But now I can. And know this, more witches will come and they will thrive on this planet. And there's nothing that you can do to stop that!" I was totally exaggerating. I didn't know if there were more witches. Who knew, Me and Kevin could be the last ones and our species would die with us. But I wanted to make the fucking witch hunter to feel really bad while I was releasing him from his curse.

"You bitch!" he spat at me.

"Oh, come on! You can do better than that."

But he didn't have time to come up with a better insult. I released the curse and immediately his body started to disintegrate and in five seconds all that remained was some dust on the chair and the floor around it. I guess that's what happens when you're immortal for hundreds of years and then you're not immortal anymore. His body lived way beyond the expiration date.