Chapter 3

He pressed play and there were two people that looked like the two shooters from the restaurant, with their faces still covered. And then a big dog came behind them and started biting them. The two of them struggled a little with the crazy dog, and then threw it on the wall of the building next to them and ran away. The dog stood up, shook itself and started running in the opposite direction to where the other two ran.

"That's... do you think that the big dog sensed what the two just did? And just has a sense of justice or something like that? Or that it was already crazy and it's a danger for other people too and we should call animal control?"

I was looking at Kevin, he was looking at me. Both of us were puzzled, and then Steven entered the living room and looked at us. "What happened?"

"You might want to see this. I'm not sure how this helps Jen, but..." Steven came next to me and Kevin hit play again and all three of us watched the video again.

"So, should we call animal control?" I asked when no one was saying anything.

"I'll see what I can do about that." Steven looked at me "You have a lawyer now. He will be here in one hour. I have to go and do something and I will be back when he is coming" he gave me a smile and then left my apartment.

"Do you think that his apartment is on fire that he left in such a hurry?"

"I really hope not because we live in the same building."

"Not because you care about him enough to not wish such a horrendous fate to another human being?"

"Yeah, what you just said. Are you hungry? I'm going to get a sandwich or something."

"Sure. Bring me whatever you would like to eat. I trust your taste. Just make sure there are no onions or you will die from my onion farts!"

That made me stop on my way to the front door and turn around to look at him.

"What?" he asked, more amused than ashamed. "Onions are my kryptonite! Although I love them. They might be the kryptonite for others after I eat them. Oh, nevermind."

I started laughing as I put my earbuds on, took my phone and purse and turned to look at Kevin while opening the door. "For me it's oranges. If you see me eating oranges or drinking orange juice, just run away like your life depends on it." With that, I went outside and closed the door leaving behind Kevin's laughter.

When I reached the elevator, it was open and there was someone in there. I didn't recognize him, but I didn't know more than a half of my neighbors so I just ignored him while I stepped inside the elevator, looking for the first floor button and seeing that probably my neighbor had already pressed it. So I just waited for the elevator doors to close, when I heard the man next to me talk, in a low serious voice.

"If you know what is good for you, you should stop trying to find out what happened in your restaurant and move on."

I didn't move. I didn't look at him. I just chose to ignore him and pretend that I didn't hear anything, while pulling my hair behind my ear on my left side so he can see that I had my earbuds in my ears and make him think that I was listening to music. I was actually really grateful that I forgot to turn the music on.

The doors closed and the elevator started moving while I was pretending that my shoes and the floor were the most interesting things in there. Then I heard the man chuckle.

"I know that you can hear me and that you are not listening to anything. Don't say that I didn't warn you when shit hits the fan and you die."

Then the elevator stopped, the doors opened and I stepped out of the elevator, with my phone in my right hand and giving my left hand middle finger to the man in the elevator while looking at him with a smile on my face. Then I exited the building, still smiling when I pressed stop on the video recording on my phone. I sent the video to Kevin, asking him to find out who he was and being so proud of myself for not freaking out. Gosh that felt so good! Even if I might find out that the man was doin just a fucked up joke and it had nothing to do with what happened at the restaurant, just showing him my middle finger and smiling at the same time after he, well threatened me, felt really good!