Chapter 16

"So, are we just going to leave these two here?" Kevin asked me, looking at the two still unconscious vampires on the floor of the vampire layer.

We put them in my car and drove them to the vampire's building. I thought that this could be my gift for them as a thank you for keeping me safe, even if they failed miserably.

"Yes. And, can you send a photo with these two to Tom Goldman from an unknown number?"

Kevin grinned.

"That's actually something I just discovered. This is what my magic does, hacking and using technology. I can see what's on your phone without even looking at it or touching it!"

I was confused.

"So, are you like a witch hacker? "

"Something like that." Then he took his phone from his pocket and took a picture with the two vampires on the floor.

"Make sure you capture the inside of the room too, so he knows where to find them. I guess it's good that they're wearing the same clothes..."

"Done. Tom Goldman just received a text with that photo from a number from Greenland." he told me smiling while putting his phone back in his pocket.

"And you didn't need to write a message or anything on your phone."

"No! I told you, I'm a hacker witch!" he winked. "Do you know why they attacked that werewolf?"

I looked at them for a few seconds then looked around the room.

"They grew up in an isolated small community of vampires in the mountains and were taught that werewolves were bad and they should die. And after they got bored of the small community and came to the city, they started hunting werewolves. That one was their first victim. And they're also sadistic pricks who like hurting others." I shrugged. "Can you make sure to tell Tom Goldman that information too?"

Kevin looked at me for a few seconds. "Done" he smiled. "Did they tell you all that before or after you tied them up?"

"They didn't. I just know." I shrugged. "I love your new magic, by the way."

"Me too! And I guess I was so bad at magic when we were young because we didn't try hacking magic." We started laughing. "By the way, thank you for doing what you did. You kept us safe, and now it makes so much sense why I always felt so strange with my family."

"Tell me about it! But it seemed like a good idea to use my magic and make our families believe that we were their children because we were both orphans and the hunter would look for orphans rather than teenagers with parents."

"That was actually a good idea. And now I can stop making myself wrong for not making my parents proud of me. And you and your "mother", geez I think she wants to kill you!" We started laughing.

"Do you think she wants to kill me because she subconsciously knows that I made her believe she's my mother?"

"Nah. She's just a bitch." That made me laugh even more.

"Are there any cameras around here?" Kevin shook his head. "Good, because I don't want anyone to know that we were here.

Then we went outside and I closed and locked the door behind us.

"So, you don't want the vampires to find out about us?" Kevin asked while climbing in the passenger seat.

"Not yet." I smiled.

"Do you think there are more witch hunters?"

"Yes. And that's why we have to discover more of what we can do with our magic."

"Well, you were a pretty good teacher when we were young. What do you say about a training session in the forest? Like old times?" He was laughing.

"Sure. By the way, can you use your magic to find the hunters? Like tracing their phones or something?"

"I can try."

"Does that mean that you are like a robot?"

"No, not a robot. I just know how to use the technology to my advantage."

I left Kevin at his house and by the time I got to my building the sun was up and I realized that I was still covered in dried blood and mud. If I could release a dumbass witch hunter from a curse and knock unconscious two vampires, maybe I could do something about my appearance too. I closed my eyes and asked the magic to clean me up. When I opened my eyes, the blood and dirt were gone. That was so cool!

Before opening the car door, I sensed Steven's presence then I saw him go to his car and drive out of the parking lot. They found the two vampires. Gosh I love magic! Then I got out of the car and went to my apartment.