Chapter 11

We tried once more, and the good part was that I didn't throw up again. It might be because I had nothing left in my stomach, but I also had more control over the nausea feeling and I didn't allow it to overwhelm me that much. Kevin was happy to help me with that, and we decided to do that exercise every day for a week and see if anything changes. And on our way to his house, he started telling me how our magic is like a muscle and we just had to train it. It seemed like a good idea and I was willing to give it a try before deciding to lock myself in my apartment and never leave.

When I parked my car back home, after driving Kevin to his house, I saw Steven's car enter the parking lot right when I wanted to get out of the car. Shit! Should I risk getting in an elevator with him or should I hide? But he might know that I'm here with his super vampire blood senses. Shit! He was coming to me.

Rolling down the window just enough to hear him, but not that he could touch me, I smiled at him.

"Hello stranger! Twice a day! Are you following me?"

"Good to see you too! Did you just arrive?"

Being in an elevator with him and risking being touched or lying?

"I was just leaving, actually." smiling, I waived him goodbye then turned on the engine and exited the parking lot. I could go buy something to eat, anyway.

When I started pondering what I would like to eat and where to go buy it, I realized that those places had people too. I could do that. I could buy some cake and not touch anyone.

This was starting to annoy me and I was determined to find a way to have more ease with whatever was happening when I was touching people.

The first shop that I stopped by was too crowded and I decided that I didn't like their sweets that much to risk touching other people. The second one was closed and the third one was empty. With a sign of relief, I entered the shop, greeted the woman behind the counter and started looking around. Then my attention was coughed by a car that was passing by. That was Steven's car. He was looking around, saw my car, then parked down the road, but he didn't get out of the car.

Was he following me?

After paying for the sweets and being grateful that the lady put the bag on the counter for me to take it, I exited the shop, got inside my car and started driving, paying attention to the cars behind me. Steven was actually following me. Why was he following me? And did he follow me to the forest too?

Then my phone started ringing.

"Hi Kevin!"

"I think I am a lie detector! Tell me anything."

I started laughing.

"I am not driving around the city with no destination in mind and Steven is not following me."

"Those are both lies." and then, realizing what I just said, he continued. "Why is Steven following you?"

"Well, you tell me. Is he following me because he knows that I am a witch or that I can do magic tricks?"

"They're not magic tricks. But no."

"Is he following me because Tom Goldman told him to do so?"

"Yes." His answer came instantly. That was so cool!

"Does Tom know that I am a witch?"

"Uhm... no..."

"He suspects that I might be a witch."

"No."

"No?"

"No."

Checking again if Steven was still following me, I signed. He knew how to keep his distance, but wasn't the most subtle follower.