Chapter 14

"We are still searching for the two vampires that attacked a werewolf and I am sure that you are doing your best too, because a war between werewolves and vampires would not be beneficial for either side." said Tom Goldman after he presented a summary of what happened at my restaurant. I already knew, everyone in the room knew, but he just decided that going through the story again would help the vampires remember some crucial information that would help them find the two vampires. That didn't happen and the vampires in the room were already bored and remained civil just because they respected Tom. But even that respect wasn't going to last forever.

"What about the noisy restaurant owner and her friend?" asked a blonde vampire from a table on the right.

Hey, he was talking about myself and Kevin. Asshole!

"We took care of that."

Yes you did take care of that mister vampire lord! He actually believed what he said, and I wasn't ready yet to reveal what I am and what I can do. I wasn't even sure what I was or what I could do. Witch? Maybe, who knows? And what else was I capable of?

"Good! We don't want anyone else to get hurt because they are too curious for their own good." another lady vampire with a glass of champagne in hand said.

I wasn't sure if she wanted to protect me and Kevin or kill us herself. Maybe both and she just couldn't decide. Maybe she was that one vampire that drank blood and she wanted our blood. But then I knew she wasn't that. However the superpower of just knowing stuff about people worked, I was still discovering it, hoping it would get easier.

"The werewolves asked me to let them have the two vampires and do whatever they want with them." lord Goldman continued. Was he actually called a lord? Or was it just a joke? "I agreed to their terms. Of course, after we have our time with the two of them and find out who they are and what they are doing here.'' His serious tone just turned on half of the female vampires in the room and I chose not to feel embarrassed that my superpowers allowed me to know stuff like that. Not weird at all!

"So, I ask each and every one of you to do your best to catch them. It's very important to end this, especially now that I got confirmation that a group of hunters are in town."

Like turning a switch on, the room filled with fear. But no one was showing it and thanks to my abilities, I just knew it. Damn, those fucking vampires were all good actors. I was starting to appreciate my magic more and more. So, there were vampire hunters? Were they hunting werewolves too? Did Stephanie know?

"And whatever happens, don't hesitate to call me. Now, let's enjoy the rest of the evening." With that said, Tom Goldman went straight to the bar and poured himself some whiskey and the others seemed to relax and started chatting between them. I was really happy that he didn't talk more, but if the vampires were going to have a party how was I going to leave the building and not be noticed? I chose to stay put for a few more minutes and hope that the path will be clear and I could sneak out without bumping into anyone. Suddenly, all those cool vampires started acting like horny teenagers and half of them wanted to find someone to shag. That was one of the moments when I hated my abilities and started wondering why me.

Steven, Chris and Tom were coming towards the corner where I was and stopped so close to me that I could hear what they were saying. Lucky me to listen to their secret conversation.

"Do you think it was the best idea to make her forget about vampires?" Chris asked Tom.

"She didn't seem to freak out about all that." Steven added.

"As much as I would like to have Jenifer Lancaster on our side, now it's not a good time. With the hunters around, she is already in danger. If the hunters find out that she knows about us, they will do anything to take the information out of her and then she'll end up dead." Tom was serious. And I realized that I had to breathe. Oh shit, they were protecting me? "That's why you have to keep an eye on her and make sure she is safe. The hunters probably know about what happened at her restaurant and even if she doesn't know anything, she might still be in danger."