Nozel Silva × Reader : Power

Genre : Angst to fluff

Trigger warning : mention of blood and injuries.

Summary : You are from a noble family that got into Silver Eagle through acquaintance. However, the captain doesn't approve much of your power. So you have to prove him wrong.

Words count : 2,166

. . . 🕊 . . .

"I heard that the (L/n) family isn't that strong. In fact, their youngest daughter can't even cast a proper spell."

"Yes! But what I heard is that she has never casted a spell before. Maybe it's because she can't control her magic well enough to cast one."

"It's like she's a peasant that got lucky to be born into a noble family." Then laughter rings in the hallway.

It is not rare for you to hear or witness discussions about you behind your back. Unfortunately, that left you to shrink around yourself and form a shell to protect yourself from getting hurt by the piercing words.

'At least say it to my face, cowards.' The thought races in your head as you walk into the other corridor.

"I've even heard that Captain Nozel never acknowledged her powers. I don't understand what she's still doing in the squad anymore."

Now that strikes you like a broom in the eye, worse than a blow into the face. To hear that your captain and the person you love doesn't even acknowledge you hurts a thousand times worse than it would have been to get punched a hundred times.

It is true that you have never casted a spell.

Not in front of your captain or camarades anyway.

And it is because-

"(L/n), your presence is required at Captain Nozel's office." Rob commands more than informs you. You nod your head in a sign of understanding and immediately let your feet take you to Nozel's office.

× × ×

You knock twice on the door gently. Standing two feet away, you wait for permission to access the office.

"Enter." You hear your captain's voice from the other side of the door. You open the door, enter, close it behind you, then give a salutation to your captain before breathing in who and what is in the office.

You have been into Nozel's office in few occasions, never lasting more than 5 minutes. So, you take in the organised and spotless room.