Lumiere Silvamillion × Mute! Reader: Lost Voice

Genre: Fluff

Summary: having lost your voice during a mission, Lumiere will stop at nothing to help you recover it.

Word count: 938.

.  .  .  🌼  .  .  .

His marvellous inventions were a wonder for all to see. His unlimited level of creativity and intense degree of curiosity allowed him to reach creations no one had ever witnessed before.

His love for inventions was known and admired by all. He would travel to the highest sky and deepest pit to get his hands on what would make his newest invention reach the realm of perfection.

Lumiere's obssession with creation could never be challenged and defeated... except by one.

There was one love that could compete with this obsession of his... and that was you. It might not have been admired by all -especially considering his royal status and your commoner one- but it was undisputable that his love for you knew no boundaries.

That is why when you had lost your voice during on of the missions because of bandits, Lumiere dedicated his research to finding a way to remedy the damage inflicted upon your voice.

It was challenging for you to adapt to that sudden, voiceless lifestyle, yet Lumiere never left your side nor did he quit his quest to recover your voice. In fact, despite his hectic schedule as a royal, he even made time for special classes to learn sign language so he could communicate with you effectively.

Years elapsed and Lumiere had yet to find a way to reverse the damage and restore your voice. What started as a small research turned into a huge project. All he wished for was to hear your melodic voice once more, to hear your contagious laughs and angelic giggles.

His desire to heal you turned into a full swinging obsession. Everytime he believed ultimately that his newest invention would heal you, he would be shattered by disappointment when it malfunctioned last second. It was rather depressing and demotivating, indeed, but Lumiere's hopes were far from being squished, even by dozens a failure.

One day, as you were enjoying your lone time at a bench in the royal garden, you heard birds chirping joyfully and wind rustling gently, caressing your skin smoothly. Suddenly, your tranquil moment was interrupted by your partner's enthusiastic voice as he greeted you.

"Hello, (Y/n), my dear. You would not believe what I have discovered." Lumiere spoke to you with a voice full of hopes and dreams of hearing you speak once more. He ranted to you about his latest findings and how a path for recovery, bumpy and unclear it was, might finally be the one.

When Lumiere had first begun telling you about his attempts to regaining your voice, his words would fill your heart with hope and belief that you would win your ability to speak once more. However, a failure after the other, your hope shrank and your expectations lowered to non-existence.

Hence, even as Lumiere tried to coax you to his newest idea, you retained a neutral face and a gentle smile. You loved staring at his hopeful eyes and enthusiastic speech whenever he spoke about various magic types or his craziest inventions.

Even as you knew that regaining your voice was an impossibility by now.

"I am sure this is the one, my dear. I can feel it-" before Lumiere could finish his words, however, you gently yet firmly held his hand in yours. Your facial expression remained unchanging, but Lumiere could see something else there- or rather the lack of it.

Lack of hope.

Lumiere frowned and turned to fully face you, grasping both your hands in his. He, then, uttered in a confused manner, "what is it, dear, do my words not appeal to you?"

You, again, pulled one hand from his grip and gently placed your fingers upon his mouth. Using your free hand, you began to gesture to him your thoughts; the smile on your face still plastered on your features.

Lumiere followed your movements carefully, then he visibly began to relax when he understood your silent words.

"I apologize if I got overly excited about this discovery when the chances of its success is rare to none... but, I only wish to heal you." Lumiere spoke in a lower voice, realizing that any hope he might have tried to inject into your mind could very possibly result in spiralling disappointment that would inevitably break your spirit.

You shook your head at his words as your smile further softened. Then, using more signs and gestures, you reassured him that you were fine with or without your voice, because what mattered to you the most was the love you and him mutually shared. Your hands, then, squeezed his after you had signed to him how you feared only for his unnecessary sacrifices when the chance to recover your voice were nothing short than fiction.

Or so you believed.

Lumiere stared at you as if you were something beyond a human, something greater and purer, which he wholeheartedly believed you to be. Firmly he held your hands, yet his grip was not enough to cause you harm. He stared at your eyes, as if he was trying to understand what you hid behind the veil.

Yet all he could find in those shining orbs of yours were love, devotion, and concern for his own wellbeing.

Frowning, he gritted his teeth behind his sealed lips and leaned his forehead against yours. With his eyes closed, he finally opened his lips to speak, "I swear to you, my (Y/n), I will fix this... no matter the cost."

Whether by striking deals with devils, sharing knowledge with elves, or betraying the entire human race, nothing could faze Lumiere from aiding you reclaim your lost voice.

.  .  .  🌼  .  .  .

Hey guys!

I hope you are doing well! Thank you for reading this chapter.

If you have enjoyed your time reading it, please do leave a vote and a comment.

Stay safe and lots of love!