Fuegoleon Vermillion × Reader : Massage

Genre : Fluff.

Summary : You help Fuegoleon ease his agony from the injury he has sustained from his encounter with Patri through massages.

Trigger warnings : mentions of past injury.

Word count : 1,181.

Enjoy!

. . . 🔥 . . .

It's been a month since the Elf Invasion.

But you felt it pass as an eternity because of the recovery that Clover Kingdom was trying to hastily make.

All the reconstructions, renovations, and helping the damaged citizens cost you both mentally and physically. You tried to help as much people as possible and stop those who wanted to take advantage of the chaos.

However, your suffering shrinks in comparison to Fuegoleon's work. Not only does he have to attend countless meetings to discuss the future plans of Clover Kingdom, but he also has to maintain a strong façade to reassure the citizens and the members of his squad that there is still a pillar to hold them all together.

Generally, you only sustained sore muscles and occasional headaches due to the long hours of work, in addition to the recovering bruises from your battles against the elves; yet, Fuegoleon's case was another story.

"Fue?" You call as you close the office door behind you. The said man is sitting behind his desk. His enflamed arm made whoosh sounds as it swiftly wrote lines of ink on the paper in front of it.

Fuegoleon lifts his head to briefly look at you with tired eyes. His lips stretch into a small, greeting smile. You return the gesture as you take closer steps to his spot.

"Have you finished work for the day, love?" The captain's eyes travel back to the paper as his hand resumed writing, but he is still anticipating your answer.

"Yes, I have. But apparently, you have not." You reply. You venture behind him before taking his shoulders in your smaller hands. With a gentle, initial squeeze, you start giving the man a massage that he didn't realize he was desperate to have. Fuegoleon closes his eyes for a moment to enjoy the wonderful touch you leave on his sore muscles. Despite the immense desire to just give up to your comfort, Fuegoleon knows he has to finish his reports as soon as possible.

"You can go to bed, hun. I'll join you soon." He says in a dismissing tone. You want to be stubborn about it as usual, but you know that he is too exhausted to have a debate about it. So, you nod without a word leaving your lips; and with a kiss to his cheek, you retreat to your shared bedroom.

~~

Your soft snores are all what Fuegoleon can hear as he sits at the edge of the bed.

It was past the wee hours of the morning when Fuegoleon has finally retired to bed. You intended to wait for him for an additional hour , but as soon as your head hit the pillow, you were out cold.

Fuegoleon, on the other hand, could not allow himself to relax until his work was done. And when it was, the exhaustion crashed over his body sharper than any sword in battle.

The area of his missing arm is, now, pounding with mixture of numbness and pain. He tries to press on the areas where the thundering is the strongest; yet, it doesn't feel enough.

He sits in the complete silence with a pained expression; his posture is one of defeat. Not only did he have to shoulder every burden of his captain duties, but he was not even allowed to rest by his own body when he needed it most.

It was as if his body refused to surrender to relaxation after many days of being in a state of alarm and diligent work.

A barely audible sigh leaves Fuegoleon's mouth as he pinches the bridge of his noise with his index. He contemplates the limited options he has to help him ease the pain.

Usually, you always give him a message in the area where it hurt most. And surprisingly, his pain eases gradually. If you are not around, he calls a healer to help him with his situation. However, both choices are out of option at this time of the night.

Fuegoleon, suddenly, tenses when he feels the warm touch that graces the thin layer of white shirt that covered his right shoulder.

"Are you in pain again, love?" Your voice comes out in deeper tone because of sleep. Although your eyes are half-lidded, you manage to see the nod that Fuegoleon gives you in response.

You smile as you prompt yourself on your knees, your hands delicately press the area of his missing limb. The wound always leaves a sorrowful feeling in your heart because of the agonising memories it reminds you of.

Silence engulfs the atmosphere as you continue to massage Fuegoleon's right shoulder. The said man has already closed his eyes in surrender to the comfort you finally brought to his suffering. You could feel heat rediating from the numb area that Fuegoleon has pointed out to you.

Your fingers work on pressing, circling, and stretching the skin and muscles underneath. You had to read numerous books in order to assist Fuegoleon the best way possible. You wanted to keep it a secret, but the captain was as observent as a hawk and he quickly found the books you had scattered under the bed.

"I told you to wake me up everytime you feel pain." You decide to break the silence.

"I didn't want to disturb your sleep, hun. You've had your fair share of burdens for the day. I can't add any more." The captain responds. Your heart swells with warmth as you think of how much he'd sacrifice to ensure that you are as comfortable as possible.

"My burdens are tiny in comparison to yours. You don't have to shoulder the responsibility alone because we are in this together." You retort.

"But-" He starts, but you quickly cut him off.

"No objections. You deserve the world after what you have done for all of us. This is the slightest I can offer." You continue as you move to give his back another series of massages.

In all his entire life, Fuegoleon has felt lucky in multiple occasions. However, you just proved to him that, this time, he is truly the luckiest to have such a kind soul like yours.

While that idea dances in his mind, Fuegoleon feels your actions growing sloppier and looser. Sensing that you are becoming more exhausted by the minute, the captain is quick to move you back to lie on your bed and lock you in a protective embrace with his arm above your figure.

"Thank you." He simply says before giving you a long kiss on your forehead that speaks of thousand words of gratitude. You answer him with a reassuring smile before your eyelids close repeatedly; fatigue was quick to catch up to you.

Fuegoleon watches you as you drift into a peaceful slumber before he feels sleep cripple in the corners of his eyes. With a gentle smile and a squeeze to pull your body closer to his, the fierce captain relaxes to fall into a peaceful slumber he hasn't had in a long time.

All thanks to you.

. . . 🔥 . . .

Hey guys!

I hope you have enjoyed your time reading this chapter. Please do leave a vote and a comment if you have!

Stay safe and lots of love~