Yuno Grinberryall × Reader : Stars

Requested by: luna_starwitch Thank you for this lovely request!

Genre: Fluff

Summary: Yuno steps in to defend (Y/n) as she was being bullied. From that moment on, their relationship blossoms.

Word count : 1016 word.

Trigger warning: mentions/acts of bullying.

.  .  . 🌼  .  .  .

Yuno was strolling around the Golden down base. After a long mission in the outskirts of the kingdom and reporting it back to Captain Vangeance, Yuno found himself wandering aimlessly in the base.

'Maybe I should get back to my room.' He thought to himself.

Just as he was walking through the corridor that led to his chambers, he heard a familiar voice from the other corridor that crossed his.

He saw a beautiful (h/c)-haired girl with a bunch of girls. She was talking to them with a nervous smile and her hands in front of her. He knew her because she would often hang around with him, Klaus, and Mimosa; 'The Yuno Squad' as Klaus preferred to name it.

From afar, people would've mistaken them for a huddle of friends, but Yuno's wind could sense the tension in their conversation.

Which hadn't been the first time.

He knew of the jealous eyes and downgrading stares that (Y/n) received, because they were duplicate to the ones he used to get before becoming Vice-captain.

"Did you know that a jiffy of seconds actually exists, that it's a unit used to measure time?" He heard (Y/n) say.

"There she goes again with her useless, nerdy facts." One of the girls spat in annoyance.

"Haha," (Y/n) chuckled nervously, "can I help you with something then?"

However, the girls had other plans, for one of them had a drink in her hand and due to her height, she was able to pour the entirety of the drink on (Y/n)'s head.

The wet lines of the liquid soaked the (h/c) strands of hair, traveled speedily down her face, and dropped in small tears into the ground.

"I don't understand why Yuno keeps you around." Commentated the girl as the rest of them smirked mischievously at (Y/n), who maintained an eyes-closed smile, before they started to leave.

"Hey!" However, a stern voice froze the girls' steps in place. They turned around. Each one of them collectively attempted to look innocent, charming, and seductive.

But Yuno's disapproval was visible in the scrowl on his face as rage fired in his eyes.

"Y-Yuno-" One of the girls started with a forced smile and nervous eyes.

"It's Vice-captain for you," he interrupted rudely, "apologize." He stood in front of (Y/n). The latter stared at him with wide eyes and gaped mouth.

"H-Huh?" The girls asked simultaneously.

"Did you think you will get away with bullying? Before I report you to Captain Vangeance to have you expelled, apologize to her now." Yuno growled through hissed teeth. His fury now was palpable.

"B-But-" The girl who poured the drink on (Y/n) initiated her protest, but she was, yet again, quickly cut off by the rest of the group.

"W-We are terribly sorry!"

"Please forgive me!"

"I-It wasn't my idea! It was hers!" And with that comment exploded an argument of thrown fingers and blames. But Yuno could careless about who's idea it was, and (Y/n) was too stunned by Yuno stepping up on her side.

"Let's go." Yuno turned around to leave, but not before closing (Y/n)'s hand around his own; a clear statement to the rest of the girls who watched helplessy as they knew that their future as magic knight was potentially exterminated.

(Y/n) and Yuno marched towards the base's outside garden. Yuno's steps were hasty and angry, while (Y/n)'s were slow and uncertain; yet, she didn't complain as she continued to stare at his back while he dragged her along.

The warm sensation of the man's hand engulfed the young woman's hand and soul. It served as a reassurance of certainty and a promise of protection.

Only when they reached the garden did Yuno's grip loosen around (Y/n)'s hand, but he did not let go. The two of them settled on taking a walk.

At the early start of their walk, (Y/n) coughed in embarrassment at the way her hand was held by Yuno. The said guy stood confused for a moment before he realized the lasting hold and pulled his hand away with a blush creeping up his face. The sesnsation became a longing from both souls. "Thank you." Came (Y/n)'s voice after a long minutes to gather her courage.

Yuno let a small smile appear and nodded his head slightly.

As they approached the everlasting fountain at the heart of the garden, they stopped by and Yuno took out a fancy, orned handkerchief and soaked it in the fountain's crystal water.

"If you excuse me." He said in a questioning tone as he held the dripping handkerchief in front of (Y/n)'s face. She looked at him with a surprised expression before she nodded her head, which gave him permission to proceed.

He throughoutly and gently cleaned (Y/n)'s face and some of her hair. Amidst the act, golden yellow eyes locked with (e/c) ones. Both of them leaned closer and closer till they could feel each other's breath hit their faces.

"Did you know that our planet has more trees than the stars in the solar system?" The words left (Y/n)'s too quickly that Yuno barely comprehended them; but despite him understanding the literal meaning of the words, they took longer than usual to register in his mind.

"Did you..." He started.

"Oh God, I'm so sorry." (Y/n)'s face exploded into a hot blush. When Yuno finally caught up, a smile stretched his lips before he broke into laughter. A sound reserved only for her ears.

(Y/n)'s embarrassment increased at the sound, but she was quickly assured by Yuno that it was not her he was laughing at, but he found her reaction quite adorable.

"I tend to say random, nerdy facts whenever I get nervous." (Y/n) admitted as she avoided looking into Yuno's warm eyes.

"I can tell." He teased, which triggered another blush to paint the girl's cheeks, "but the sparkle of the stars I see in your eyes cannot be compared to those of the sky outside."

.  .  .  🌼  .  .  .

Hey guys!

I hope you're doing well! I hope you have enjoyed your time reading this request as much as I had fun writing.

If you have, please do leave a vote and a comment. I'd appreciate it!

Stay safe and lots of love!