Yuno Grinberryall × Reader : New Chapter

Requested by Love_is_Twix. Thank you for requesting!

Genre : Fluff

Summary : you and Yuno begin a new adventure through your pregnancy.

Word count : 1017.

.  .  .  🌼  .  .  .

When Yuno and I set out for war to free Spade Kingdom, all hopes for a happy-ever-after were relinquished.

Yet, for the sake of the faintest ray of hope that hung loosely in my heart, I stood in the face of death in defiance. Victorious or not will I emerge, I never dared to contemplate; the rabbit hole to which such path led would surely end in my doom.

My front a solid shield, a composed posture, a face of calm in the middle of a relentless storm; my back, however, exposed the buried fears, insecurities and anxieties that threatened to crumble my entire being.

Then, when the amalgamation became too much to bear, two hands steadied my spine, supported some of the weight of the burdens in my shoulders, and planted my feet firm to the ground.

How could a touch banish sounds, for the shrieks of the demons inside muffled into silence. But then I recalled to whom the support belonged.

Beyond thankful, I reminded myself that the burden was not my own to carry alone as many of us, new and old, risked our lives to guarantee smile and laughter would see a bright tomorrow.

The war raged and the battle bled, until it ended in victory. For once, peace filled my mind, which was rare in those dark days.

The sense of calm was restored but not for long, for the consequences still bore their fangs at us. Through dark nights and challenges to overcome the trauma and its companions, we fiercely battled the demons that resided within.

Yuno, on the other hand, had potentially more in mind than I could imagine; it is not everyday that you learn you are a kingdom's lost prince and heir to the throne. He, however, refused the position as the value of his oath with Asta weighed more than gold.

Days rivalled light in speed, and several years later I found myself walking the aisle that would finally bind my soul to my significant other.

Months flew by until sickness befell my body. Each morning I had to endure pain that had me empty my stomach. Yuno, in a great worry, ushered me to visit the doctor.

One diagnosis, and a new chapter in our life's book was on the brink of turning.

"Mrs. Grinberryall, I congratulate you on your pregnancy."

Yuno and I were taken aback by the news, not that we did not plan it; but the reality of such event occuring outside of the fantasy in our minds was overwhelming to say the least.

The overflowing emotions blended and mixed to birth a new concept for happiness, excitement, and fear.

The path of the journey was long and painful at times; yet, Yuno promised to fulfill his vows to me that he had uttered in the wedding, and lived the pregnancy together.

From morning sickness to numb feet and swollen belly, Yuno provided every need I desired to the point I began to believe that I had him wrapped around my finger.

His pampering was not confined in clothes, food, and extensive medical attention, but it extended to long-hours spa, midnight talks, and shared face-to-face time whenever I pleased; be it silent or talkative.

"Yuno?" I lowered the book in my hands. A hum was all the affirmation I received to acknowledge his attention.

"If I asked you what your favourite part of the pregnancy is, what would your answer be."

Yuno set down the fold of papers that had been consuming his concentration, and closed his eyes in thought.

I wriggled my toes in anticipation, feeling a rush of excitement and curiosity course through my veins.

After a few too long seconds, his eyes opened to stare at me; yet, I could practically watch the stars in his eyes glitter.

Thanks to this pregnancy, blushing became an easy goal to attain.

"I would say your cravings." His answer came accompanied by a smirk and amused eyes.

I did not expect his response, so I leant in forward as I pushed, "elaborate."

"Well, I would never comprehend how toothpaste on sour lemonade could ever be edible, let alone tasteful." I couldn't help the gasp that escaped my lips as I eyed him in shock, an offence to my ears.

"Nonesense! You've never given it a try! For you to apply your prejudices on such a delightful combination is outrageous!" I placed my palm on my chest in a dramatical fashion, the disbelief painted on my face.

The expression, however, did nothing to extinguish the entertainment that grew on Yuno's face, "not a chance."

A clash of opinions continued in silence, carried by our eyes until laughter roared from my throat and a chuckle escaped my husband's lips.

~~

Days carried on and my due date drew nearer. Cramps and fatigue plagued my body, which bounded me to bed.

Lost in track of my own misery, I nearly missed the worry and anxiety that intensified on Yuno's frown. Not once did he miss a doctor's appointment and check up.

The brave façade that never wavered in front of outsiders' eyes always crumbled whenever we were left to ourselves.

Then, time ticked, and my water broke.

"We will be okay," I muttered to Yuno as his hand gripped mine securely while his other palm was resting on my belly.

And the time for an endless sequence of pain and screams came; the feeling exceeded that of being stabbed by daggers over and over again, for the agony proved to be too great that I could hear its whispers steal my consciousness.

And just when the suffering got overbearing, a squeeze on my left hand called my senses back, anchored my mind to its firmness, and transmitted motivation and determination to course amongst the last drops of strength in my frail body.

Through my laboured breaths and the pain that caused them, a high-pitched scream defeaned the room.

A smile eventually tugged my lips upwards, for that sole scream was the beginning of a new journey in the chapter that Yuno and I had just flipped.

.  .  .  🌼  .  .  .

Hey guys!

I hope you're doing well! Thank you again for this lovely request!

If you have enjoyed your time reading it, please do leave a vote and a comment, I would very much appreciate it!

Stay safe and lots of love~