Luck Voltia × Reader : Heart and Insanity

It's 3 AM and I'm writing angst :)

Requested by GhostieSimp_

Genre : Angst (Actually one of the most angstiest fanfics I've ever written.)

Summary : Luck was known for his speed, but when happens when one day, he was a little too slow to save you?

Word count : 2876.

Trigger warning : mentions of blood. Mentions of death. Mentions of self-blaming.

. . . 🌼 . . .

Missions.

That was one of Luck's favourite words to hear. The more dangerous, the more thrilled he was inclined to join.

Thus, it wasn't quite the surprise when Yami assigned him and Magna to investigate a dungeon buried deep in the wild forest that surrounded Clover Kingdom.

With a bright grin, Luck told you the news and that he'd be leaving the following day.

"How long will it take?" You had asked.

"I don't know, but Captain Yami says it's dangerous. So maybe a week." He had told you. Smiling softly at his enthusiasm, you refrained yourself from telling him about the bad feeling your gut was screaming at you to acknowledge.

Knowing that the duo would have to leave early to reach their destination before midday, you woke up alongside the birds that chirped with the early rays of dawn.

You had made an energising breakfast and hastily placed it on the table when you heard footsteps descending the stairs that led to the main hall.

Luck and Magna emerged, dressed neatly. You greeted them and beckoned them to the table. They were stunned to see the amount of food you had prepared for them in advance, but you quickly dismissed their inquiries and ushered them to dig in.

"Wow, (Y/n)! Your food rivals Charmy's! It makes me want to fight someone." You smiled as you sweatdropped at Luck's compliment, but you accepted it nonetheless.

When the minute ticked for their departure, Magna bid you goodbye and headed outside as he had already read the room; and as he expected, Luck lingered for extra minutes behind him.

"Is something the matter?" Luck had asked you that day. Your eyes widened when you realized that your cover had been blown.

Yet, you tried to downplay it so he wouldn't spend his mission worrying about an irrational source of anxiety that had no real foundation.

"I don't know what you're talking about." Your smile stretched the slightest and your eyes avoided his piercing gaze.

Despite the neutral, poker face that Luck wore on his façade, you could detect the concern in his tone.

"You always avoid my eyes when you hide something from me." He reasoned, but you stubbornly refused to cooperate, "Oh, do I?" Your eyes moved to look at his before gluing on the ceiling in a jiffy.

"Like that. You do it like that." He said with a finger pointed at you and chuckled, his poker face remaining.

You sighed in defeat, fully aware that you were not getting out of this one easily, "It's just that I have a bad feeling about this... Well, not exactly, but I have a bad feeling that something may happen to you." You had confessed, your eyes were cast on the ground and a gloomy sensation dominated your mind. In fact, you were sure that it extended to the exterior.