Nozel Silva × Reader : Reckless Words

Requested by FantasyShades. Thank you for requesting!

Genre : Angst to Fluff.

Summary : Refusing to allow you into a mission after an injury, Nozel carelessly delivers words he would later regret.

Word count : 2011.

. . . 🌼 . . .

"You cannot be serious!" You exclaimed in a fit of rage and disbelief.

"I'm not withdrawing my decision. You are staying behind from this particular mission." Nozel announced without as much as looking at you.

"My injury is not as serious as it had been. I can manage not to hold off the others during the mission." You defended. A quest prior to this, you had fallen victim to some burglars' spells, and had gotten yourself gravely hurt.

It was reckless from your part to let your guard down under the assumption that your opponents were mere burglars. Little had you known, they were no ordinary thieves, for they had set traps and resorted to unfair fighting methods.

The mission, as a result, had ended in failure. However, it did not matter to Nozel as he had barely managed to keep hegemony over his emotions and ire that promised eternal flames for those who had dared to inflected pain upon you. But mainly, it was the extreme concern to your well-being that consumed his mind.

Thus why he stayed deathly silent as he watched healers rush you towards an operation room to begin an urgent surgery; a last resort to save your fading life.

"You do realize my decision is finalised." Nozel sternly replied; he refused to make the mistake of looking into your eyes, for the plea and despair he'd find would instantly soften his grip; thus allowing you to join despite your incomplete recovery.

On the other hand, you did acknowledge that once Nozel had set his mind over a decision, it became an impossible hope to talk him out of it.

Still, you rejected the position to remain a useless asset to the team, especially in dire need for strategists.

"At least allow me to engage in scheme preparations. As one of your prime advisors, I should be granted access to aid in planning!" You tried to reason, but you did not fail to notice Nozel's jaw clench tightly.

"I can help you spot any inconsistencies in the established plan. You do fully acknowledge my skills as a strategist. You even compared my abilities to an eagle's ominous gaze: 'The Silver Eagle's Sharpest Eyes,' that's how you labelled me." You spoke in one breath, which was why you stopped to grant your lungs a few, brief breaths much to your mind's protest.

Fortunately, you could detect signs of softness in the captain's well-practiced stoic face; therefore, you decided to switch the tone for a better effect.

"Please, Nozel." You adressed him as your lover as you tried your best not to limp a few steps towards him, your hands reaching to his.

You ignored the chills of prolonged ache that shot over your muscles and the throb that continued to weigh your previously sprained ankle.

In your hardest wishes, you hoped Nozel didn't pick on any of the symptoms that would expose your lingering fatigue. Yet, much to your ignorance, the captain was able to observe much more than you had initially believed was evident.