Patri × Reader : Midnight Secret

Genre : Angst/ Fluff

Summary : A forgotten dream always wakes you up at night. And when you wander around in the garden one night after having the same dream, you come across your captain, who reveals a darker secret to you.

Events : Before Elf invasion.

Words count : 1,249

SPOILERS FOR THE NEW WATCHERS OF BC.

. . . 🌼 . . .

There has always been a strange feeling inside you. Yet, you couldn't exactly explain what it was. It felt like a broken piece of your soul that searched for the other half. As if your soul is longing for someone you don't even know.

You tend to push the feelings aside. However, sometimes, they rage with agony and anger; screaming at you to unleash whatever lurked in the depth of your soul.

At night, you always have the same dream again and again, and you've never understood why it felt more like a memory printed in the back of your mind than a dream created by it.

During one of those nights, you couldn't fall asleep, yet again, due to the repetitive dream that you have. So, you get up from the bed and leave to the kitchen for a glass of water.

Despite the sleep that clings into your eyes, your mind is wide awake. Once you've got the glass to fill it with water, you open the sink to pour water in. However, the water that is supposed to look clean and transparent had a reddish colour in your eyes.

You gasp and blink your eyes forcefully as your mind drifts once again to the dream you always have. When you open them again, the water is back to its original colour, pouring freely from the sink and into the sewers. You stare for long minutes at the water, expecting it to change colour again or do another trick.

Even though, you convince yourself that sleep is the one pulling tricks on your brain.

You shake your head to clear the image of the red sky and light swords raining down on the people below.

After gulping down a few drops of water to ease the tightness in your throat, you decide to take a walk in the humongous garden surrounding the Golden Dawn headquarters.

× × ×

Your feet carried you aimlessly through the various plants around the garden. The smell of flowers charmed your mind and the view of the neatly, towering trees has never ceased to amaze you. The garden always reminds you of your captain's magic.

It is one of the two faced kind of magic because it is beautifully dangerous and vice-versa.

Whenever you see your captain, the suppressed feeling of longing fights to emerge to the surface again, and you've never understood why, yet again.