William Vangeance × Reader : Vision (Part 2)

Genre : Angst.

Summary : After Zenon's attack on the Golden Dawn, you live to witness the consequences of such unfortunate event.

Word account : 1864.

Trigger warning!!: Major Spoilers from the manga that have not yet happened in the anime currently.

. . . 🌼 . . .

As quick as the whistle of the wind, my world had flipped upside down.

The next day after the attack was the hardest ever since the Elf invasion had ceased. The only difference was that I had been there for William through the pain.

After that half of the squad was revived and healed by William's magic, other magic knight squads joined the field to assist the Golden Dawn.

But they were too late as the other half of the top tier squad had passed away.

Because I was Captain Vangeance's lover and due to the damage inflected upon the headquarters, I were presented the chance to move in with another squad to stay temporarily. I chose to stay with the Blue Rose who had been accompanied by the Coral Peacock. From the magic knights of those two squads, I learnt that the Black Bulls had also been attacked by one of the Zogratis siblings.

I refused to retreat to bed just yet because I knew from the guilt that was clawing on my heart that I would not be able to rest any time soon.

Throughout the night, I helped my team as much as I could. I tried to help the healers who treated the injured by providing as much supplies as possible. I tried to help preparing a proper burial from those who could not make it. I even tried to console the close ones of those who had passed away.

Nobody dared to stop me as I restlessly marched one corner to another. I wanted to believe that aiding others will help lessen the heaviness that threatened to crash my heart, but no matter how much I tried to keep my mind and body busy, it was only a matter of time before I collapsed on the floor due to the overwhelming exhaustion.

At the break of dawn, I was dragged into my chambers by an order from Charlotte herself.

I stood in the middle of the vast room. It was beautifully orned with expensive furniture and scented with roses. But none of it brought the comfort of the room I shared with William.

Pain exploded in my knees as they hit the ground. Yet, none of it could be compared to the agony in my soul.

As much as I wanted to believe otherwise, my mind blamed me constantly for the failure that resulted in the kidnapping of the masked captain.

I couldn't refrain the waterfall that cascaded down my cheeks at the intrusive thought. We had had the upper hand of predicting their attack, so when did it go wrong?

In my mind, an earthquake beneath my very feet was taking place, but they only were the sobs and hysterical cries that rocked my body from head to toe.

Where did it go wrong?

I clenched my grimoire in a tight fist. With the anger that enraged inside of me, I threw it all the way across the room. The sound of a thud and several pages flipping reached my ears, but I could careless.

With my knees pressed tightly against my chest, I wrapped my arms around myself and buried my face in the skin of my elbow. Soon enough, exhaustion started catching up on me, and I closed my burning eyes in defeat.

When I reopened my eyes, instead of the warmth of the room I was in, I was hit with a chilling breeze that stung my flesh.

I gasped in disbelief and scanned my surroundings quickly. In lieu of the shiny, fresh, green grass of Clover Kingdom, the ground was blanketed in a thick layer of snow. In front of me towered a proud castle that promised vicious mysteries. Despite the faint sun that peaked through curtains of clouds, the palace was as dim as a shadow in the dark.