✩ Chapter 1

(Edited)

(Edited)

Pushing the door open, she entered the familiar bedroom. The light-yellow walls and dark brown furniture contrasted with the light evening sun rays.  She grinned seeing the curtains closed as always. Placing the tray near the Ottoman, she shook her mother lightly.

"Ammi, I have brought tea for you." The young girl cooed to her mother who blinked at her, the sleep drifting away from her eyes. 

"What's the time?" Her mother asked in a grumble.

"Asar ka waqt hai Amma" (It's the time for Asar, Amma) Azeen smiled.

Manizeh Alam hummed, sipping the drink she nodded in satisfaction.

Azeen breathed a sigh of relief. It was very hard to please her mother, her orthodox nature had the demanding need for the best work, which always kept Azeen, the middle child of the house on her toes.

Her elder sister was happily married in their village, Shahjahanpur. The place is located near a river which acted as the main source of agriculture in their village. One of the best brands of coffee was produced here.

Her father was a coffee planter, owning 2 acres of land that produced the finest caffeine and cacao fruit.

"Dr. Azeen Habib Alam"

She rolled her eyes before turning towards the door, raising a brow at her little brother.

"Chai milegi?" He asked cheekily. 
(Can I get some tea?)

"Jooti bhi milegi, chahiye?" She asked sweetly.
(What about some punches? Interested?)

"What Appi? Aap to bura maan gaye" He grinned and pecked their mother.
(Don't take it to heart.)

Manizeh smacked his head lightly. Azeen passed him a cup of tea and settled on the settee with hers. Their parent's room was their get-together spot.

She sipped on her cup when her eyes caught the sky, it was turning darker, the clouds wrapping the sun away.

"Zain, bring Abbu home early, it seems like it's going to rain soon." She bit the insides of her cheeks, rains never impressed her.

"Appi, why do you hate rain? Kitna maza aata hai baarish main." Zain rolled his eyes, the eighteen-year teenager was the baby of the family, Azeen being his elder sister had to bear all his tantrums. 
(Rain is so fun.)

"Only a frog can love rain" She jabbed.

He gaped but quickly shut his mouth as he readied a comeback "How can I forget? Cows can't like rain."

"I'm not a cow." She shot him a glare.

"Really? Last I checked you seemed identical to a sarpanch's cow. Even he said 'Banno Azeen jaisi samajhdaar hai...'" he tried mocking the thick voice when a pillow hit him square in the face. "Appi!" He screeched.
(Banno is like Azeen, very understanding.)