✩ Chapter 9

Can I please have a shehryaar of my own?

"Azeen?"

Shehryaar opened his room door and called out for his wife, he looked inside to find her sleeping on her books. Her glasses puckered out as she slept into oblivion. He grimaced seeing her dark circles, it was her last exam in a week and she hasn't left their room if going to university didn't count.

Seeing her stressed, he felt bad but it was her career and he didn't want her to distract, not when she was so close to completing her course.

He tucked the glasses away and shook her to wake up but she grumbled being disturbed.

"Zee, Sleep properly in the bed if you want to, Please wake up." He called her softly but she wiggled in her seat to find comfort while she slept in the middle of the day.

He sighed and decided to let her be as he freshened, and went down to bring lunch for both of them. He had taken half day from the office for the dinner they had to attend today.

His maternal uncle and aunt had gotten a whiff of his impromptu marriage, to say subtly, Shehryaar faced a set of scolding from the couple and complete radio silence from his cousin and best friend. The only support was his best friend's wife who tried reasoning on his behalf, he was grateful to her until she started teasing him, the little innuendos of him hurrying into marriage had left him red in the face.

If Azeen got to know about her teasing the teaser, she is going to have the moment of the century.

He carried the tray back, luckily his hand was healed. The doctors declared him fit as a fiddle a week before Azeen's exams started and he was delighted as now he didn't have to depend on Masood Bhai to drive him around. Another was that he could finally drop Azeen to and fro from her exam center. He wanted to support her, send her off with best wishes and wait for her to get back to him with those happy and content smiles.

Closing the door with his shoulder he shook his head at her snoring lightly, the wind had her hair flying all over, hiding her tired face.

"Zee," he shook her a little vigorously this time, she swatted his hand away moaning in annoyance.

"Azeen, Utho warna me paani daal dunga tumpe." He threatened but nothing affected her.

(Get up or I'm going to throw water on you.)

"Yaar, Azeen. Get up and eat something, later you can sleep all you want." He offered defeat. He always thought she was the light sleeper among the two, seeing her always on her toes and waking up at odd hours to study. Never he realized she was worse than him when she was tired and had only sleep on her mind.

"Sone de mujhe." She mumbled.

(Let me sleep.)

"Baad me mat bola I didn't warn you." He threatened her one last time before scooping her in his arms, her eyes twitching feeling in the air.