✩ Chapter 12

"Don't go

"Don't go." She whispered, blinking her tears back. Quickly she gulped them down and smiled as he entered the room back with his files.

"I will be back in three days, Zee. You will not even miss me when you will have Ammi, Abbu, and Zain here. I think I am the one who will be missing out on all the fun." He grimaced placing his work things in his bag. "I don't know why I have to go now?"

Then, Don't go. The words were on the top of her tongue.

"You will be here in 3 days" She reminded him, more to herself. "And, they will be here after 2 days. They won't be here so soon."

"I know but they will be here soon and stay with us for an entire week." He leaned and kissed her lips gently. "I will be back before you and I know it. After that, I will give you your graduation gift, trust me you'll love it."

"Tell me already, I don't like surprises." She whined.

"No! That's your graduation gift, you will get it on your special day." He stated grinning.

She rolled her eyes "Then you should have never told me about it, why hype me now when I'm not getting it."

"Because I love you." He chuckled pecking her lips again.

She melted at his confession, a mischievous smile taking up her face. "I hate you when you annoy me."

"No, you don't, meri jaan. You love me all the much more when I tease you." He said in so much confidence that she flushed.

"I do." She mumbled giving up, he grinned and kissed her forehead. "Thank you for bringing Ammi, Abbu, and Zain to my graduation ceremony."

"Who am I to bring them? It's their daughter's big day. They would have been here anyhow." He ruffled her hair making her scowl. "Now, you call me every day and take care of your diet, I don't want you to fall sick again. Eat what you feel like and don't force yourself to stomach anything you cannot. You understand?"

Azeen nodded, she had symptoms of food poisoning the past week, She had puked her guts out and had cramps in her stomach like never before. Shehryaar had panicked at her state, admitting her to the hospital without listening to her 'I'm okay, I'll be fine.' He could be calmed down only when doctors told him it was minor food poisoning and she will be okay in two days. Her medicine course is for one another day but she was already feeling much better if only her stomach cramps are to be ignored. Most probably they were the invitation for her early monthly cycle.

"I will take care but you will have to be back in three days, I want you here a day before my graduation day anyhow." She threatened and he quickly agreed.

"I'll be here, I promise. Mere bina you will not graduate. I won't let that happen" He teased.

Azeen rolled her eyes, "As if. You cannot stop the ceremony, Mr. Shah."