✩ Chapter 13 Ep

Healing is a slow process

Every second, every minute, and every hour it keeps going. Bits by bits, at the pace of a snail it takes place, a pace so time taking that it could frustrate any soul.

But healing is permanent, it may take all the time in the world but it is steady, it is for once and all.

It is like poetry, it takes time in finding the right words, for placing them in perfect places, rearranging some, and re-reading until it is a masterpiece. It takes efforts from a poet, maybe much more than it is appreciated, but it is slow, a process done only once, and gives maximum results.

It cannot be hurried, it is healing and not patching.

Healing is effective when slow, for once and for all.

Patching is fast, a temporary solution.

This was an important lesson in her graduation, being a doctor they had to focus on healing and not patching. It will take time, and a lot of effort, and is a continuous cycle but it is for the latter good. It is worth everything.

"I'll stand on the sidelines, I got your back."

Azeen smiled at her husband, he was putting efforts into her healing process, supporting her, standing near her at every step.

Not waiting for her to fall but to make sure she stands up. She could have never asked anything from the Almighty if she knew he will be sending this man into her life, Shehryaar Shah. The man she loved, him who is hers for all the time in the world.

"They are going to start, Zee. Go take your seat." Shehryaar ushered her towards the seats as per the alphabetical order, she felt her heart fluttering with happiness at his soft eyes, constant care, and his name she carried with confidence. "All the best." He wished and pecked her forehead like a breeze, making her blush feeling eyes.

"Thank you." She shot him a wide grin.

It was her day of graduation, a few hours after her discharge from the hospital, she was better now, not healed but better.

The ceremony started, the names being called. Students were grinning at the camera, collecting their degrees, and walking back to their designated seats.

Azeen stood near the stairs, her hand supported by her classmate slash friend Aziya who was next on the list. She glanced back at Shehryaar who stood ready to reach her anytime she needed him. His stance was alarmed but his grey eyes were what had her tearing up.

He looked at her like she was the only one who mattered, the whole world could crumble but he wouldn't blink, he looked at her like a sailor looking at the lighthouse in the dark ocean, like a kid staring at a shooting star making a wish.

"Dr. Azeen Shehryaar"

The announcer took her name and she begrudgingly looked away from him. Holding onto the railings and supporting herself with small steps she completed her chance, smiling and grinning as she felt the happiness multiply, a glance at Shehryaar and her family she felt tears pricking her eyes, they were proud, so proud seeing her collecting her degree and being officially called Dr. Azeen.