✩ Chapter 10

Straining the tea, she placed the cup on the tray and carried it out towards the open lawn

Straining the tea, she placed the cup on the tray and carried it out towards the open lawn. This part of the house was one of the places she had marked on the list to explore as her exams ended. She had demanded Shehryaar to take a stroll with her yesterday night to show her around the garden but being the workaholic he is, he had promised her the stroll on Sunday.

She could only glare at him, nothing else.

Now, she could atleast go see it for a few minutes though, not with the company she wished she had.

She walked out of the sliding door and stepped on the concrete platform, it had two wooden chairs placed near the railings to enjoy the garden view. The stairs at the side guided her to the inner garden filled with different plants, and flowers. The trees at the edges were beautiful crape myrtles precisely cut and cared for.

She wished to have a swing just below it to enjoy the solidarity it oozed out. She made a note to mention it to him.

"Ye lijiye aapki chai, Dado." She placed the tea happily on the wooden table infront of Jamal.

"Shukriya, Gudiya." He kept down his tablet and patted her head in return.

Azeen smiled at his endearment for her, he had started calling her 'Gudiya' from the very day she made his evening tea. Jamal Shah was fond of good masala chai and Azeen was thankful to her mother to have her master the art.

"You started another drama I see." She commented on the paused screen of the tablet.

"I completed the last one yesterday afternoon, couldn't wait anymore." Jamal laughed sheepishly.

"Remember you promised to limit screen timing to 4 hours a day, Dado?" Azeen cocked her eyebrows challenging him to refuse it.

"Yes, yes." Jamal said smiling in mischief "I did promise, 4 hours in the daytime and 4 hours at night."

"Dado?" She exclaimed chastising.

"Okay, sorry, sorry. 4 hours a day including night. Happy?" He surrendered.

"Better." She nodded in satisfaction.

"No one has bossed me ever, you know that Gudiya?" Jamal narrowed his eyes playfully at her.

"Oh, I know." She chuckled.

"Kis baat pe itni hasi aa rahi hai?"

Azeen jerked to look at the person standing against the door frame, palms pocketed in his pant pockets, coat gone along with his tie, and top two buttons undone.

"Tumhari begum mere serials ki dushman ban gyi hain, Sherry." Jamal complained like a child as Shehryaar walked in and greeted his grandfather.

"Esa kyun?" Shehryaar questioned amused.

"I wasn't happy before when she was holed up in that room for studying but now I prefer that more." Jamal crinkled his eyes with mirth. "She is bossing me."